Problem with speed sensor cable

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gerryg

Reaction score
Hi I got fault code P0500 so renewed the sensor and checked the plug and cable but the lights are still on in the dash. I checked the voltage at the plug but there is nothing, so I lifted the carpet at the rear passenger footwear disconnected the connector and checked there, still no power. Can anyone tell me where to find the cables once they go to the engine bay, so that I can find out what is causing this, thanks for any help.

Ksat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What year is your Jeep? Is the speedo working correctly? I don't know much about the VSS, but I read you're supposed to be getting 12V on one of the wires at the sensor with KOEO. If no power is present, you may want to check to see if any fuses have blown. A problem with the wiring going to and coming from the VSS seems to be a common cause for the P0500 code, too.

gerryg

Reaction score
What year is your Jeep? Is the speedo working correctly? I don't know much about the VSS, but I read you're supposed to be getting 12V on one of the wires at the sensor with KOEO. If no power is present, you may want to check to see if any fuses have blown. A problem with the wiring going to and coming from the VSS seems to be a common cause for the P0500 code, too.
Hi the Jeep is a 2001 3.7 v6 the speedo and indicators have stopped, ABS and air bag light are on. I got it checked at a garage today but it never showed anything he could've get the computer to read the ABS so he thought it might be a wire leading to that but still not sure what to do next.