A way to move the drivers seat back for more leg room?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smuethe

Reaction score
Has anyone done any modifications to get a bit more legroom for the driver? I have a 2005 Liberty Renegade. Thanks

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
how tall are you? (Aeh) I am almost 6'1" and fit fine.

smuethe

Reaction score
6'4" My ankle gets a bit sore on long trips so if I could get an extra inch or 2 I think it would be more comfortable

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
If yours is powered, you might be out of luck, if not powered it should be easier, not sure if anyone moved the bolts back an inch or two

Stampey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm i thought liberty was pretty good for tall people?? You must be at least 6'6 ish to have leg room issues im guessing. Im 6'3" and i fit fine.
hah i need to learn to read your 6'4".

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6'3", and i've got slight problems with headroom and could use an extra inch of legspace...

I wonder if it depends on how you're built: like a rugby player over here.

And has anyone got recommendations on lumbar support (good for long journeys).

And I hate how there's no footrest for the manuals.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced my manual sport seats with leather powered ones, and my wife (who is a tad under 6') noticed a difference with the legroom.... she got more when we added powered seats. I dont have anything except her perception to back this up tho.

-Blu

Havoline

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We recently traded our '05 for an '07. Both are equipped with leather, dual 6-way power seats. I can't tell any difference on my side (since I like to sit pretty "high and tight", anyway) but my wife swears that she has more leg room (on the passenger side) with the '07 than she had with the '05. Maybe there's some variation from model to model? kopkrab.gif

ENBr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another problem is that the transfer case and gearbox really eat up legroom. Not so great for long journeys ](*,)

Latest posts

Members online