A Question From Someone With No Success

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ron.dittmer

Reaction score
No success in finding my answer through the search tool.

KJ In Question...
2006 Liberty Sport 4x4, 3.7L-gas automatic, 100% stock
Wheel size: 16"

Now the question.
Will stock 2nd generation wheels & tires fit my 1st gen?
If so, can I reuse the stock wheel lugs?
Are there any clearance issues, majr or even minor?

I am looking for a second set of OEM alloy wheels (1st or 2nd gen) for my wife's Liberty to mount quiet summer tires for a quiet ride for her during most of her around-town life. Her Firestone Destination tires have become noisey as heck, but great for winter, off-roading, and for being towed by our motor home so I don't want to toss them. The road noise bothers my wife's Tinitis and Multiple Sclerosis. She is in good shape, very safe to drive herself around in the vehicle she loves so much, but the tire noise is ******* her.

2nd gen alloys seem more readily available, but I'd really like to stay with stock OEM alloys.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Oh man,I feel her pain ... literally. I have Tinnitus as well ..

As far as I am aware they are all the same bolt pattern and backspacing .. so should be just fine. If I'm wrong someone will catch it momentarily ;)

Good Luck to you both!

Cherrie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3.
Seeing Dr, Thursday, then ringing I can handle. The electric motor(sounds like) turning on and off all night I can't.
I haven't tried but I'd say yes, for wheels I have my winter tires on Dodge Nitro steel wheels.