A KJ Country A Fun Oil Thread !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
49307[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

So which type of oil are you using ?
Are we changing our oil at 3000 miles or maybe because you run synthetic you change it at 5000 miles +....??
Go ahead and tell your story..lets see if we can have some fun with this...!!:driver:

Attachments

• EngineOilChoice.jpg
    EngineOilChoice.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
49309[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

So which type of oil are you using ?
Are we changing our oil at 3000 miles or maybe because you run synthetic you change it at 5000 miles +....??
Go ahead and tell your story..lets see if we can have some fun with this...!!:driver:

North Slope crude, straight from the well head!

Attachments

• EngineOilChoice.jpg
    EngineOilChoice.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 0

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am using full synthetic and changing around 4,000 miles. It's just what I feel comfortable with.

One thought, I looked at the "blended syn/dino oils" and read the label and they do not tell you how much syn is in it? Is it a 50/50 blend or 20% syn/80% dino or what? I don't know so I just use full syn.

Dave

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4k with valvoline high mileage blend. Only because I get it the same price as straight Dino. More important to me is a good filter.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regular dino, 3000 miles, no high mileage crap gimmicks, with a PureOne filter. 118k and still going.

KodiakKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I switched over to synthetic about 500 miles ago in my KJ. I ran synthetic in my 98 Grand Am for 12k miles and only changed the oil twice. It ran better then when I bought it. Traded it in at 95,*** miles for my KJ.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Been running Mobil 1 full synthetic for the last 25 plus years on various Jeeps/ Ford (and one GMC) pickups etc. All were driven well past 250,000 , one of the XJs to 365,000 ( before I sold it) and no issues. Change every 3500-4000 miles.
My 2004 which I bought new has over 202,000 miles now, uses no oil between changes. I don't get the high mileage etc stuff just regular Mobil 1

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i run full synthetic (either rp or mobil 1 ep) with the BG Motor oil additive, change oil and filter every 5000 miles (i've read on bobistheoilguy people going 10 and 15k miles between oil changes with both of these oils without the MOA, but for what is costs to change the oil 5000 is more than enough for me).

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change my oil at 4,000- 5,000 mile intervals with full synthetic mobil oil and also a napa gold oil filter.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here Mobil one full synth in everything I own and change every 4k miles

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
I piss in mine every other week and re-use a hollowed out filter stuffed with ***** hose.

oooohhhhh maaaannnnnn.........you gotta change your ***** hose once in a while....LOL

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I piss in mine every other week and re-use a hollowed out filter stuffed with ***** hose.

So the big question is:
what do you drink the two days prior to you pi**ing in yours?
Also does she care that you rip her ***** hose off, then keep them and throw her out of the Lincoln??

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oooohhhhh maaaannnnnn.........you gotta change your ***** hose once in a while....LOL

Dave
Should be good for 100k!!!!!

So the big question is:
what do you drink the two days prior to you pi**ing in yours?
Also does she care that you rip her ***** hose off, then keep them and throw her out of the Lincoln??
Wild Turkey 101!!!!! High octane!

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a laugh whenever I see someone say that it costs more for synthetic over conventional oil. Synthetic can go twice as long as conventional oil, but it doesn't cost twice as much. Plus your oil change labor time and filter cost is cut in half when using synthetic. I use Mobil 1 in all my vehicles, and go at least 6k miles.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I change my oil at 4,000- 5,000 mile intervals with full synthetic mobil oil and also a napa gold oil filter.

thats the best way to do it, i wouldn't run any other filter besides a napa gold (wix) or the royal purple filter (filters much smaller particulate but it comes with a price)

CobraNutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currently run Mobil 1 in all my vehicles with PureOne filters. Oil changes are typically between 5k-7k miles, depending on my driving pattern and driving conditions. During the peak "hard driving" months, I'll change oil & filter sooner. Prior to using Mobil 1, I ran Valvoline in everything I owned. I've never had oil-related issues in ANY of my vehicles, I think mostly because I stay on top of my maintenance schedules. Honestly...I think that can really be said no matter what kind of oil and filter you use. I've used the best as well as the supposed worst without issue.

jbp-ohio

Reaction score
News cars get Mobil1 at 10,000 miles. I think I'll go 5000 on the Liberty since I don't know how it was maintained