A KJ Country A Fun Oil Thread !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazv6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Royal purple every 4-6k miles. I've been using the k&n filter.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up going to O'Reilly's and took pictures of some oil filters. The first one is a Fram, second is a STP, third is a WIX. The fourth and fifth are a K&N and a Bosch.

Wonder how the PureOne stands up. That's my filter of choice lately.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the PureOne when I need a filter the same or next day. Otherwise, I order Wix from RockAuto.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay I'm only a couple months late to this party - hope its okay if I revive this thread. :happy160:

I use canola oil and a Fram stuffed with cheese cloth.:mexsmoke:

I started using Amsoil about 30 years ago when my family owned a trucking company and my father started putting it in all the tractors and personal vehicles with Wix Filters. Then eventually we switched to Mobile 1 in the tractors s and all are personal vehicles with Wix. Once we sold the company we continued using Mobile 1 with Wix/Napa Gold or RP filters.

This weekend I put Mobile 1 full synth in the Liberty with an RP filter.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil debates always crack me up. In my old 1990 Dodge Daytona - I ran the cheapest conventional I could find, replaced the filter every other oil change, and typically ran 6-8k miles between oil changes. I started with 70k miles, sold it 7 years later with 185k miles and the thing purred like a kitten, never lost power and never leaked any oil. 1969 GMC C10 - same story. Just passed 200k miles before it was sold, ran great. 2002 Chrysler 300M - same story...nothing but cheap conventional, changed every 5-8k miles and ran like a champ until I sold it with 160k miles...lol

I my KJ, I've been much better. Whatever name brand synthetic that is on sale (Mobile1 or Castrol) with a K&N filter (the local Autozone sells them for $5) at 7k miles intervals. 126k miles and runs smooth as can be...

Last edited:

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They over bought them at my local store a couple years ago and they never sold (at $15/filter I wonder why??) so they were just blowing them out. I bought 10 of them, lol.