A/C For 2006 Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nohitter64

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for AC Compressor recommendations for my 2006 Sport. Should I just get the compressor or should I get one of the Kitts that has the compressor, the lines, gaskets, etc. Everything was replaced 6 years ago, evaporator core and condenser were replace 9 months. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for AC Compressor recommendations for my 2006 Sport. Should I just get the compressor or should I get one of the Kitts that has the compressor, the lines, gaskets, etc. Everything was replaced 6 years ago, evaporator core and condenser were replace 9 months. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Curious about the kit you are looking at.

My 04 is due home from college and has no ac. Might have to replace mine also.

jeepop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a kit I got from Autozone online and then used the lender tools from Autozone too. AC has worked great since. I also remember kits on RockAuto that had various combinations of parts.

DadOSix, since you have already replaced some of the parts, maybe a kit is overkill for you.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
College kids do not need AC -- so that their friends will drive and save you on gas and liability HA :)
True that! Son has graduated and has a job with a company vehicle. Says that he doesn’t need the 04 now, so home it will come. This is the same kid who rolled into vacation last summer with brake noise. Just started… like, yeah it did. Rear pads down thru rotor.

Had a great time doing rear brakes and a caliper at the beach.

DadOSix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used a kit I got from Autozone online and then used the lender tools from Autozone too. AC has worked great since. I also remember kits on RockAuto that had various combinations of parts.

DadOSix, since you have already replaced some of the parts, maybe a kit is overkill for you.
04 may be a bad evap. 06 had all the fixings 2 years back.

Dang! I’ve got too many vehicles, says the wife. She just found out I bought an old bobcat loader from her brother.

Hydraulic issues that he could not get solved.

I may need to start living in the garage!

Latest posts

Members online