8.25" rear axle differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivantate

Reaction score
I have to replace my rear axle and so far navigated the minefield of choices.

3 channel ABS and rear discs as i have a 2005. As far as i can tell the flanges appear to match too but i havent measured that.

Today i bought another axle to check over and rebuild so i can take my time with it and keep the jeep on the road during that time.

Now the question,
Alot of the rear axle rebuild kits have a split in spec 2004/2005. Is there any way to tell which one i need? Some websites ignore it altogether and say compatible with all years.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to replace my rear axle and so far navigated the minefield of choices.

3 channel ABS and rear discs as i have a 2005. As far as i can tell the flanges appear to match too but i havent measured that.

Today i bought another axle to check over and rebuild so i can take my time with it and keep the jeep on the road during that time.

Now the question,
Alot of the rear axle rebuild kits have a split in spec 2004/2005. Is there any way to tell which one i need? Some websites ignore it altogether and say compatible with all years.

I put an axle from an '05 4 cylinder with 4.10's in my '03 and it fit exactly like the original. Except for mounting ABS components there are no other differences.

Bob