4X4 dash light on in 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paulowagner

Reaction score
05 Renegade dash light (Part Time light) staying on when shifted out of 4X4 back to 2WD (Selec-Trak model). Lever appears to be firmly down in 2WD. Any suggestions?

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same problem and am just waiting for it to act up so I can change it out.

Same here. Mine flickers once in a while but not a problem yet. That's why I had the link handy, just preparing for the inevitable. :party52:

Maucaetano

Reaction score
I have the same problem im my Liberty 06, because transfer cable bushing is broken!

deaddog

Reaction score
I have the same thing (part time light on in 2 wheel drive and off in 4 hi) happening with my 2002. Has anybody tried just disconnecting the damn thing? I don't really need a dash light to tell me what mode I'm in when I can just look at the shift lever. From what I can tell the switch is expensive and hard to get at. I think you could unplug it from underneath easy enough.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The switch affects engine torque in 4LO, so...no. Plus I ended up getting a CEL for mine causing an issue at some point so you might too.

deaddog

Reaction score
Thanks dude1116. I have a code reader so if I get the CEL in the future we'll see what happens.

Members online