4x2 KJ 's off road (we can too)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockymountain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Must say, this looks awesome! I would line-x the chrome parts though and then it would be perfect.

You must be registered for see images attach

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't charge because if you do damage their vehicle, they can't do anything about it under the Good Samaritan law. But the minute a penny is given...you're liable. Laws may very state to state though.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well those lowered civic owners should have more sense then to venture out in 2'+ snow,I feel no pity for stupidity.

I thought you were talking about a jeep or a truck or something with tow hooks. I wouldn't pull a car....no place to safely hook up.

Dave

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't charge because if you do damage their vehicle, they can't do anything about it under the Good Samaritan law. But the minute a penny is given...you're liable. Laws may very state to state though.
The way around that and still make some money(for wear and tear) is you hook to your vehicle and they hook to theres.If damage happens to theres it's there own fault as they hooked it up,but the cost keeps me out of liability anyways as almost no one will pay.Now my friends are a different story and yes they still hook to there vehicle and I hook to mine.

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I help the elderly and handicapped - that's it. I don't stop for anyone else. Same thing in stores. I'll carry an elderly woman's kitty litter to her car or someone who is handicapped but other people are on their own!

IvaKJ2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same for my area. 4x2 would be worthless for much of New England, IMHO. Unless you live on the coast or on the Cape where they typically don't get as much snow.
snow? waasthat? the central valley here gets an inch in 10 years or so...i have to drive at least 1 hour up into the sierras before i see it.

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
snow? waasthat? the central valley here gets an inch in 10 years or so...i have to drive at least 1 hour up into the sierras before i see it.

Oh now I see you are from California... Nevermind all previous posts of mine, as they do not hold any value outside the laws of physics... In a land where unicorns eat rainbows and shit butterflies, I'm sure you'll be fine off-roading your donk'd staion wagon. You should try running it down the beach at low-tide some time... It'll be awesome! :party52:

IvaKJ2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh now I see you are from California... Nevermind all previous posts of mine, as they do not hold any value outside the laws of physics... In a land where unicorns eat rainbows and shit butterflies, I'm sure you'll be fine off-roading your donk'd staion wagon. You should try running it down the beach at low-tide some time... It'll be awesome! :party52:

i'll just polish the 22"rims, put my surfboards in the back, toke a blunt, crank the marley tunes and I'm off to watch the humback's fornicate...:smokin:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^come on guys, simmer down.

Dave

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know fwd, open diff, a turbo, and street tires suck for traction but proves fun.

I've been to Tahoe with the Libby in light snow and it was fine with the stock goodyears. Wife and I planned a few trips up there for the season so I'll report how Stacy does in 2wd and if I need 4wd.

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah that was a bit over-the-line wasn't it... I'd like to apologize to all my felllow KJ enthusiasts in California. The purpose of these Forums is to share experiences, tips, and advice, not to piss in people's Wheaties. Sometimes I forget that and what I'm really thinking just comes out. No excuses, I'll try to run a little tighter filter on what I write.

tibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IvaKJ2, forget about the bashing on here. Many have forgotten what a 2 wheel drive can do. I first started off roading in a 1979 1 ton chev pickup...with 2 wheel drive. I had a blast and more willing to go places where the 4 wheel drives wouldn't.
A couple of tips that might help you out, find out what wheeling you want to do (sand running, mud, trail?). Ask the questions, what works with a 4 wheel drive probably will help out a 2 wheel drive (locker, bigger tires, winch), find out what works in your area. Know your limits, don't try to sink up to the windsheild in mud when your all alone.
Just look through some of the pics around here...do you REALLY need 4 wheel drive to go on a gravel logging road?lol.

KingMick217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now that someone has said the obvious... let us chase this rabbit hole and see where it leads actually addressing the 2wd offroading delima.

Suggested mods for 4x2 offroaders.
1. some decent tires
2. Hi-lift
3. a CB and/or Sat phone
4. a locker or fairly tight limited slip
5. some body armor
6. winch/come-a-long
7. lift kit
8. additional lighting

It kind of depends what kind off off-roading you do. I'd suggest a different order of things if you were doing sand drags vs trail rides.

2nd post this thread.
just sayin...

Latest posts

Members online