Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jknox8

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2004 Jeep Liberty Limited. Stone White, tan leather, chrome accents the whole shabang. So I figured what better place to read about it than a forum! :) So technically its my wife's Jeep, but I will be driving it like a mad man...just a few thoughts and questions for you Proud Liberty Owners:

1) Do they make an after market grille that resembles the 2008?
2) Towing, 5,000lbs really?
3) Off-Road, what is too much with stock everything. I am no die hard 4x4 guy....yet! :) But just want to know whats safe. We are taking it to atlantic beach, NC in a couple months and would love to find some trails to drive around or something...so if anyone is from that area, HIT ME UP!

Thats it for now I am sure i will be annoying the **** outta you admins/experts before too long! Look forward to chatting with everyone!

jk

Last edited:

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome)

There's an unwritten forum rule that goes something like this....."better post up some pics or it never happened"

So, pics of the KJ or we tell everyone you drive a Pinto.

Hope you find this site to be all you expect.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
(welcome)

This is a great site for info and a few laughs.

5000# Towing Capacity? - Yep(automatic ******)

Off road abilities are limited by the terrain and your skills. :D
In stock form, the KJ is a capable 4x4, then if you lift it the KJ becomes ever more able, then if you want to go lockers, then it's even more of a beast. It all depends on where and how you drive that will test the limits of the off road capabilities. Common sense will tell you the rest.:p

Oh gawd yes....don't call the Jeep a car. nono.gif

jknox8

Reaction score
Pinto it is. I have been needing to take pics for another forum I am a member of and haven't been able to! :) But I assure you they will grace my avatar soon enough! But thats fine, just I prefer the Bobcat to the Pinto...

Problems how? Because my wife is driving it...duh? So what type of problems if you were being serious, if not WHERE CAN I GET THAT GRILLE! lol :) I am sure it will be everything I hope it to be...

AND MORE!

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No man, No. Check what I put in bold type when I quoted you. Please, you will anger the Jeep Gods (or diety of your choice) every time you call the Jeep a (I can barely bring myself to say it....) car.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Pinto it is. I have been needing to take pics for another forum I am a member of and haven't been able to! :) But I assure you they will grace my avatar soon enough! But thats fine, just I prefer the Bobcat to the Pinto...

Problems how? Because my wife is driving it...duh? So what type of problems if you were being serious, if not WHERE CAN I GET THAT GRILLE! lol :) I am sure it will be everything I hope it to be...

AND MORE!

Hey I use to own an '80 Bobcat...tinted windows, big stereo(worth more than the car) ..IROC BLUE, white lettered tires....what a machine.:p

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
Biggest limitation of the KJ were the stock tires...
Depending on what you are running that may need to be the first upgrade! :D
Then second be sure before you go anywhere you got some recovery points (hooks or d-ring reciever hitches up front and hitch or hook in the back) and be sure to invest in skids!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.