4:10 gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what it is you are looking at there
You do NOT want a locker for the front unless
you are spending the money for an ARB
Go to the 4wd Hardware web site and find
the Detroit True Track for a TJ Dana 30
I don't know 100% if this is the right 1
to fit a KJ but it will show you what you want

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so about 1100 more for the lockers but wont be paying to have them locked later. sounds like a pretty big no brainer. lol thanks guys ill let you know how it goes. im hoping to have her in the shop begining or middle of jan.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok so about 1100 more for the lockers but wont be paying to have them locked later. sounds like a pretty big no brainer. lol thanks guys ill let you know how it goes. im hoping to have her in the shop begining or middle of jan.

I can promise you this
A locked Jeep will go places that an open Jeep
can only dream of
If I were to tell you ,or most any one who has an open
TJ on 33's, that your locked KJ could go further you
and they would probably doubt me
but pick the right line and you can

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can promise you this
A locked Jeep will go places that an open Jeep
can only dream of
If I were to tell you ,or most any one who has an open
TJ on 33's, that your locked KJ could go further you
and they would probably doubt me
but pick the right line and you can
I can vouch for this.When I had the DTT/ARB combo with 265/75's I could run circles around TJ's with 33"/34" tires that were open/open.

2006 KJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just regeared to 4.10's with a detroit locker in the rear.

i bought a used front diff with 4.10's already in it (from a 4cyl liberty) and just unbolted the stock one and reinstalled the used one with 4.10's and the front was done. the whole used front diff was $300 delivered from a local junk yard.

the rear was a little bit more.. and i had a rear end guy do the install for the rear gears, rear install kit, and detroit locker.

city mpg's stayed the same at about 14... highway mpg's went from 14-15 to 17-18.

running 265/75/16's on steel wheels with a HEAVY KJ (6 speed)

it's SOOOO nice not having to down shift to 5th or 4th on the highway for hills or just cruising 60mph around towns... just set the cruise and the KJ is thrilled. HUGE difference going from my 3.55's to 4.10s

oh and listen to everyone saying not to buy a lunch box locker. i had an aussie locker in the rear before switching to the detroit. the aussie locker was a lot better then no locker... but not even remotely close to the quality of the detroit.

i bet i could burn both back tires through 4 gears if i put on a set of stock sized tires with stock alum. wheels :)

Last edited:

03 JEEP KJ BIG BLUE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sounds like i better lock it for sure while its all being taken apart. im going to see where my budget is after x mas and hopefully get it down there and done really soon