32's & 3" lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you have a 3 inch lift won't be enough space to run what you want to though
Plus I like a little extra space so when I'm out on the farm I have enough room to twist it up some.
And not regearing is not fun at all. Ran a week, well 10 days from the time I installed the 265-75-16s until the regear. Hated driving the 04 , was ready to try and find some used tires that were smaller . Ran hotter, kept shifting back and forth , not enjoyable at all.

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think mine technically ended up being closer to 3.5" of lift. Which would explain why I seem to have more space in the wheel wells than most. But that space still doesn't help me with the gear issue.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think mine technically ended up being closer to 3.5" of lift. Which would explain why I seem to have more space in the wheel wells than most. But that space still doesn't help me with the gear issue.

What do you measure from middle of the wheel in front to bottom of the flare. That will tell you how much lift you have. And what lift do you have??

And do you have this much room ? Closer to one on right or left
Johns 03 with 245-75-16s and 3.50 ( 22.50 ) and my 04 with 265-75-16s and over 4 inches of lift ( 23.50 )
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

RENEGADE Concept

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think that measurement might be a little different with renegade fender flairs vs the sport or limited. Most will say they see no difference. But last time I measured the 06 renys vertical curve seemed to be about a half inch longer (top to bottom) down the middle - compared to my friends 07 sport. That would seem to be saying that the bottom of the fender sits a half inch lower. But that's a whole different topic and debate. Lol.

Either way thanks for the info. I'll have to do your lift measurement sometime. My original lift measurement was from the ground to fender, before vs after lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that measurement might be a little different with renegade fender flairs vs the sport or limited. Most will say they see no difference. But last time I measured the 06 renys vertical curve seemed to be about a half inch longer (top to bottom) down the middle - compared to my friends 07 sport. That would seem to be saying that the bottom of the fender sits a half inch lower. But that's a whole different topic and debate. Lol.

Either way thanks for the info. I'll have to do your lift measurement sometime. My original lift measurement was from the ground to fender, before vs after lift.

There is absolutely no difference at all. Have lifted and worked on every model, every year and no difference in the flares except for looks as far as how they sit etc.

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And do you have this much room ? Closer to one on right or left
Johns 03 with 245-75-16s and 3.50 ( 22.50 ) and my 04 with 265-75-16s and over 4 inches of lift ( 23.50 )

You've done this before and it still baffles me. When you post that info with those pictures, it would be helpful if you tell us WHICH KJ is John's and which is yours. Saying the one on the left or right doesn't help when both Jeeps are switched between photos. Just saying "John's 03" or your 04 doesn't help because some of us don't know the slight differences between model years or whether John has a black KJ or you do. Maybe you made it clear in a post somewhere at some time, but not everyone knows that or remembers it.

So, am I the only one left puzzling over this?
You must be registered for see images

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You've done this before and it still baffles me. When you post that info with those pictures, it would be helpful if you tell us WHICH KJ is John's and which is yours. Saying the one on the left or right doesn't help when both Jeeps are switched between photos. Just saying "John's 03" or your 04 doesn't help because some of us don't know the slight differences between model years or whether John has a black KJ or you do. Maybe you made it clear in a post somewhere at some time, but not everyone knows that or remembers it.

So, am I the only one left puzzling over this?
You must be registered for see images

Well I never do anything right for you do I??
Since the first picture is the only one I was going to post I wrote it for that picture. NOW since John was the original poster of this and shows pictures of his you would think most would have also seen that
BUT JOHNS IS SILVER AND MINE OF COURSE SINCE ITS BEEN SEEN 1000S OF TIMES, IT IS BLACK. Toms is black, Johns is silver
PLUS the fact that you can clearly see one is taller than the other, now which one would that be the one with 4.5 inches of lift OR 3.50 inches .
Now on your forum that you have , did you ever even once make a mistake like this? Just curious

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...on your forum that you have , did you ever even once make a mistake like this? Just curious
I make more mistakes than you can shake a stick at. But I try hard not to make the people who point them out to me look like shit. But I learned a long time ago that posts and threads live long past the time they were first posted and the people who read them don't always know who or what came before them. So, it can be very helpful to be specific, rather than to assume anyone would know what you are referring to. Those kinds of mistakes I rarely make anymore. It's important, as the owner of one forum and staff member of others, to set a good example in that regard.

Since the first picture is the only one I was going to post I wrote it for that picture.
But you posted 2 photos.

NOW since John was the original poster of this and shows pictures of his you would think most would have also seen that
John posted a photo of a closeup view of a tire in a wheel well and a screenshot of a tire ad. Of course, his avatar is of his Jeep, but his last post in this topic was on a previous page 9 months ago. Sorry I don't have that kind of recall.

BUT JOHNS IS SILVER AND MINE OF COURSE SINCE ITS BEEN SEEN 1000S OF TIMES, IT IS BLACK. Toms is black, Johns is silver
Yes, typing all caps helps a great deal... NOT! I spend time on a lot of forums every day and JeepKJ.com is not the only automotive forum I read. I can't remember all of your KJs any more than I could remember that John has his KJ in his avatar - or that he was the one who started this topic in April of last year. I do remember that you have shown pics of all (?) of your KJs since I joined here, but my short term memory fails me sometimes.

PLUS the fact that you can clearly see one is taller than the other, now which one would that be the one with 4.5 inches of lift OR 3.50 inches .
If I thought it was all that clear to me, I wouldn't have said anything.

It seems most of the mistakes I make here on this forum is asking you to clarify something. I'll try not to do that again. My sincere hope is that you will not give me a ration of shit the next time I do something wrong to my KJ when you THINK I should have understood what you said about the issue. I will still be following some of your guidance and will always appreciate you sharing it in any of my discussions. But I will never ask you to make a clarification again. It's not worth the grief.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least you give me a reason to come on here daily Jim.
Keep up the fine work.

Apex

Reaction score
To the OP.....

With OME lift, .5 clevis spacer rings in front and two extra upper spring isolators in the rear, I clear 265/75/16s on an 8" wide wheel. Pound your pinch welds as much as you can, might as well lose the front dust covers too and undercoat/bedline your wheel wells.

Be prepared for a little upper control arm to spring contact under longer flexes, even with upgraded UCAs if you don't go the adjust a strut route. Any higher in the front and it's time for cut CVs. Be prepared for a little bit of vibration in the rear end because your differential isn't quite parallel to your transfer case. If you go any higher than that in the rear you will need the drop for the back, probably longer lower control arms too.

And lastly be prepared for the loss in power and gas mileage if you don't regear. I've been running 3.73s too long. It's not a killer loss but it's there and it's real. I click overdrive off every time I get in the jeep and don't use it until I get around 68-70. Even then your transmission will be hunting gears when you hit hills. At 60 mph I'm at about 2800 rpm, noone on any forum anywhere can say that's normal. I'm lucky to get 17 highway and my average is around 14.5-15. Just my two cents.

RaeJae

Reaction score
I know this is oldish but I just joined and saw this picture, where or how.. I guess.. Did you get the 4.5" lift. I could only find a 2.5" lift for my liberty and I want to be taller.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is oldish but I just joined and saw this picture, where or how.. I guess.. Did you get the 4.5" lift. I could only find a 2.5" lift for my liberty and I want to be taller.

Takes work and money
JBA coilover lift
4.10 gears etc

What 2.5 inch lift are you looking ? If any type of spacer lift save your money for a real lift

Lift ( that i used on my 04 and 03 ) retails for about 3000.00, jeepinbyal coilover
Then add in 4.10 gears, if regearing your diff's figure 12-1400 in some areas maybe more maybe less
But 32s would do better with 4.56 gears I think so JBA steel diff with gears front and rear another 3000 plus
and thats just a start...............

Last edited: