265/70/16

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WVKJ

Reaction score
Found a killer deal on a set of 265/70/16 Toyo Open Country MT's, and I was just wondering if I could stuff them on a stock (Pre lowered) Lib.

Edit: Nevermind. They are sold already

Last edited:

WVKJ

Reaction score
Yeah, that's what I figured. I was going to throw on a Frankenlift and a small clevis lift with the cash I was going to save on them to make sure they clear, but the guy sold them already:mad:

Looks like i'm going to go ahead and pick up a set of 245/70/16 BFG AT KO's now.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like i'm going to go ahead and pick up a set of 245/70/16 BFG AT KO's now.

Look at some 245/70/16 General Grabber AT2's and save yourself 30-40%. Don't get me wrong, I am a fan of BFG and the TKO's (had TKO's in the past, loved them, and just last week put some traction T/A's on the wife's car), but I am extremely pleased with the Grabbers and the price. 15k on them and they still have more tread depth than a new set of TKO's.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
The Generals will last probably 50% of what the BFGs will.

The General Graber AT2s suck compared to the BFG AT's.

Sorry, but true.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Generals will last probably 50% of what the BFGs will.

The General Graber AT2s suck compared to the BFG AT's.

Sorry, but true.

And your basis is?

They are not only rated for longer life, from personal experience I have seen that they wear just as well. I'm not going to say they wear better, because I have nothing to support that, but I will say that I don't see them wearing any worse than what the BFG TKO's I had in the past did. 15k miles on mine thus far and they look great.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
IMO they are all about the same, I have 255-70 16 Kumhos that I paid less than a 100 each for and have almost 25,000 on still over half tread left Not really sure what all the fuss is about the General AT2s, don't see much difference, will be trying out a set of 265-70 16 BFGs next though since I got 4 for less than what one cost.
Gotta love young/dumb/rich kids LOL

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
And your basis is?

I don't know, a little thing called experience.

But, what do I know...I've only seen BFG Mall Terrains last 100k on 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups.

To only get 60k miles out of a set of BFG Mall Terrains on anything is quite perplexing.

But, I don't know anything, so it doesn't matter, because the treadwear warranty that you see on Tire Rack means more than anything else, right?

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know, a little thing called experience.

But, what do I know...I've only seen BFG Mall Terrains last 100k on 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups.

To only get 60k miles out of a set of BFG Mall Terrains on anything is quite perplexing.

But, I don't know anything, so it doesn't matter, because the treadwear warranty that you see on Tire Rack means more than anything else, right?

I don't fully believe in treadwear ratings either. I, too, have owned and seen BFG A/T's last a long time, and I am telling you from personal experience that the AT2's are lasting just as well if not better. I, too, have plenty of experience.

I am in no way dogging the BFG's, I love them. I would have went for them, but they are too pricey IMO.

I am just asking you to validate the "probably last 50%" and "they suck" comment. Have you ever owned a set or seen someone use them?