255/65 16 on 16x8 ?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering BFG All Terrain 255/65 R16s on 16x8 Black Rock Series 942s to go on my KJ with no body lift. One would think the tires would be big but are the same height as OE tires and only an inch wider. I'm unsure of the rim back space. Anyone heard of this combo? headscratch.gif
________
Difference between sterols and steroids

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I second this, i was looking at a set of 255/70r16 retreads, i know Oddballs KJ has them but he has the pre-lowered springs.
Or what about 245/75r16s? would they should be alright maybe just rubbing on sharp turns?

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
I second this, i was looking at a set of 255/70r16 retreads, i know Oddballs KJ has them but he has the pre-lowered springs.
Or what about 245/75r16s? i think they should be alright just slight rubbing on sharp turns?

Without a lift, the 245/75/16 will be too big and rub like crazy.

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm considering BFG All Terrain 255/65 R16s on 16x8 Black Rock Series 942s to go on my KJ with no body lift. One would think the tires would be big but are the same height as OE tires and only an inch wider. I'm unsure of the rim back space. Anyone heard of this combo? headscratch.gif

I never heard of it but I doubt it will fit
the tires will probably end up out to far from the center of the Jeep
and rub real bad

I am running a 255/70 on the OE wheels and if I did not have the 2" of lift that I do I could never fit them

by the way there is no such thing as a body lift for the KJ ,it is a unibody design not a body on frame like the wrangler

what part of Louisiana are you from?
there is a strong group of off roaders in the south eastern part of the state

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never heard of it but I doubt it will fit
the tires will probably end up out to far from the center of the Jeep
and rub real bad

I am running a 255/70 on the OE wheels and if I did not have the 2" of lift that I do I could never fit them

by the way there is no such thing as a body lift for the KJ ,it is a unibody design not a body on frame like the wrangler

what part of Louisiana are you from?
there is a strong group of off roaders in the south eastern part of the state

Thanks for the info.

My bad on the "body lift". Slip of the typing finger. I knew the diff.

I'm near Baton Rouge, somewhat east of center. I don't do much off roading. My Liberty is our beater. Of course a "beater" in our family is almost a garage queen in most families.;)
________
Love Advice Forum

Last edited:

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
You need lift to clear those tires, even on stock wheels. You'll rub all over the place with the wheels and stock-size tires too.

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
255s are just going to be too wide and tall.

Same height as a 245/70, plus a half inch wider.

Lift it if you want big tires:D