235/65 R17 Replacement/Upgrade after two consecutive flats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
8-[

Last year, after noticing that my passanger rear tire is losing pressure about 1-2 psi per day I took it to my dealer, and they told me something went in, and they patched it.

Three weeks ago, I had a flat on the highway, same tire, same position, right rear, this time it was completely flat. I got it swapped with the never-used spare, and took it to dealer, they patched it for the second time (this time it was another spot).

Yesterday I noticed that my PSI dropped to 20 from 38. I drove and pumped some air, back to 40, drove me home, this morning it is back down to 17, after driving around and pumping again, I noticed there is a screw near the corner of the tire.

You must be registered for see images

Tire shop says it cannot be repaired.

Even if it could be repaired, I had enough luck with these tires, and want to replace all four with something more reliable and something better.
I noticed there are not many options for 235/65 17s. I was considering Pirelli Scorpion A/T, or any other BF tires, something with more grab and good handling.

I am not doing much off-roading, so A/T's are fine but of course I would like to feel comfortable that my tires are not highway-only so in case I go wild and do some off-roading, I would like them to survive.

Any ideas, suggestions or comments are appreciated!
Thank You.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wheels are 17"s, my problem is all the good tires are available in 16 and I can see many people talk about 16s.

Also, I checked the rubbing chart to see what else I can use, they did not mention anything about 235/65 17s. I have no clue what other tires I can get, so I think I cannot get anything but the same 235/65s I have. :-k

abarkl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my (5) HP 235/65/17's take-offs for sale $200. I installed 245/65/17's.