2010 liberty sport fuel economy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was curious what the best chip is for fuel economy?

Mods-
k&n typhoon intake
flowmaster catback

Rest is cosmetic.

Will have soon-
skid plates
Tow hooks
(Trying to figure out how to install a hitch and which one)
(Looking for nice clean looking light bar)

Also I have fog lights but they are not hooked up, wondering what I need to make them functional.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
None, advertised they will but real world not so. Folks will say they do but only cause they change driving habits after installing one and so that makes a difference
plus the K&N will not help only causes more dirt to enter nor does the exhaust

Lights you hook up like any set of aftermarket lights with wire, fuses, relays etc

evoljeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ouch... when I drive as is I am constantly trying to keep it in ECO but unless I am going on flat land or down hill even feathering the gas pulls it out. I know when I put a chip in my lariat v8 it made a small change at the pump but not in (economy mode) only when I set it for the 87 octane base map.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad I don't have one that has the Eco light, I'd have to remove the stupid thing
can't baby these 3.7s . I bounce mine off the rev limiter on take off and still get better mileage than most. Don't have a chip, CAI or any of the "so called" mileage boosters

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, give it good care, clean it and replace with good part, add a little love to this and you will save more fuel than a chip can :)

Latest posts

Members online