2007 Grand Cherokee CRD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Woody4

Reaction score
In the September issue of MOTOR TREND in the trends section there is an article about the '07 Grand Cherokee CRD. It's a 3.0 Liter M-B V6 turbo with 215 HP @3800 rpm and 376 LB-FT @ 1600-2800 rpm.
"The engine has to wind up past 2000 rpm to do any serious work, so low-end torque isn't great, and you run through the torque band and the five automatic gears quickly." It also says "...it's a much better diesel than the discontinued Liberty CRD, which Chrysler says SOLD BEYOND EXPECATIONS." Sounds good, right? But then I was reading in AUTOWEEK, August 7, 2006( if I can't buy 'em, at least I can read about 'em ) that a new M-B GL CDI with the same engine (specs the same) is only a 45 state certified engine ( Not available in CA, NY, NJ, PA, and VT) I guess we have to wait for the new "CLEAN" diesel fuel to become available.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tri-state is the cleanest place on earth so we gotta have no diesels around! Not to mention black fume puking public buses. I don't really get the reason behind this idiotic concept of not allowing diesel SUV's in Tri-State area...

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doesn't make any sense to me..........and you can get a diesel in a p/u truck (considered commercial) but not in a Jeep. There's plenty of diesel p/u around here and I've never even seen or heard a CRD Liberty. (I don't think you can get one in Mass. either) Stupid laws.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
GOtta go green man.....:-s

it's rubbish i tell you. not being able to buy an economic Diesel, but still be able to buy a 9mpg GM road hog. wtf

all these H2's, H3's, suburban's, Tahoes and the like. Drinks petrol like how a n athlete drinks gatorade.

mind you our lovable vehicles aint exactly economic to say the least, but these behemoths are worse.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea....I'm goin green. but I give it all to the guy at the gas station.

Latest posts

Members online