2006 KJ 60K Trans Svc Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Approaching 60K on my 2006 KJ and looking for opinions on what to do for the transmission. At 30K, I took it to the dealer and they did the flush with the machine that removes all 12qts of the fluid and replaces it. I asked at the time if they should drop the pan and change the filters and they said it wasn't necessary, so all they did was the flush.

Now that I'm approaching 60K, I want to make sure to do the right service. I'm also a bit more experienced working on it myself and wouldn't object to dropping the trans pan myself and replacing the filters instead of letting the dealer have at it. The question is, should I take it to the dealer for the flush service again? Should I plan to drop the pan and replace the filters before or afterwards, or at all?

The ****** hasn't been driven all that hard, mostly highway miles and stop and go traffic. I always turn off overdrive unless it's going fast enough to not bounce out of it, so I would say it's on a moderate usage type of maintenance schedule. Also planning to do several other fluid changes like differentials, T/C, so wondering what else I should lump in at 60k.

Looking for some advice from the seasoned veterans.

Thanks!

Last edited:

wheeee32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I definitely had the filters changed after flushing the system. Also it wouldn't hurt to have the front and rear diff's serviced. New spark plugs should be on the list of maintenance items at the 60K mark, especially if you didn't do it at 30K.