2006 Jeep Liberty Ball Joint Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Warren.fischbeck Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierjeeper
Once they stop free ball joints, I'll then consider aftermarket options..

I agree, as long as they put new ones on why spend the cash on something they wont fix after you do?
You all like flirting with death.Why on earth would you replace crap with crap that can(and will) fail at random times,cause tire wear,and have endless threads about that "squeaky" noise from the front when turning that are bad LBJ's?

The 1st set of OEM LBJ's lasted 17,000miles,the second set didn't last 9000miles.The MOOG K3199's I installed had zero play in them when I removed them from my KJ with 44,000miles on them(greased at every oil change).

Sure free is free but the hassle of constantly checking them and the added time to set up a time to get them replaced is not worth the effort.I'm sure like most other Chrysler parts they are on national back order anyway.$120 for the K3199's and you will never have to worry,just grease them every oil change is all that is needed,more so if your lifted and wheel your KJ.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.