2006 EVIC w/ Homelink, CHEAP!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

C.W.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds good, but the seller does not include a harness or retainer for it (I need it for an 05 Renegade). Should I buy it and hope I can get the harness and retainer later, or just buy those from the dealer?

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Retainer

My retainer was under the headliner when I cut it. Pop out your overhead lamp and see if it's there. There are writeup on how to make a harness, and you can probably get the retainer cheap for a dealership.

As hard as the 2005+ versions are to find, if I wanted it bad enough, I'd jump on it. At the time, my 04 was hard to find and when a cheap one came up, I snagged it.

C.W.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK. The ambient temperature sensor is only about $30 as well. I might call the stealership and ask them how much a wiring harness would cost. I certainly don't want to pay to get it installed, unless I'd already done everything except hooked up the wiring under the dash. Electrical work makes me nervous--very little experience.

VTNomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wiring harness

You can't buy the wiring harness separately, you'll have to splice in to the vehicles existing wiring. I feel the same way about electrical sysytems you do, particularly DC. But I had no problems, just follow the write up.

sandys07kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got it!!! Can someone give me a link to the thread that gives instructions on installing in a 2005+. I try to search and keep getting a "server too busy" or "CPU" error, VERY frustrating. I have a mounting bracket on order at my local stealership but need to look over the install. I cant remember if I need mounting tape, screws or what to install the bracket. I also think there was something about not cutting the headliner big enough fit the bracket.