2005 ****** skid plate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jasimon

Reaction score
Having problems with the local dealer getting the ****** skid plate(s) for a 2005 liberty. They say what is in the parts book doesn't mount up to the new 05 libertys? Anyone have any ideas or had this problem?
Thanks for any info
Justin

jasimon

Reaction score
guess i should have said transfer case. I went to jeep.com and they only show 2, fuel tank and transfer case. I have one under the engine, and on the fuel tank. Dealer says there is another one in the middle - transfer case I guess. Anyway the parts that come in with thier part numbers don't mount up to a new liberty.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have been told (and heard 'round 'ere) Mopar makes the following
2002-2004 Models
- Engine Skidplate
- Transfer Case Skid Plate
- Gas Tank Skid Plate
But one that's missing is the TRANSMISSION skid plate.

here's what they list on jeep.com for the 2005 Renegade 4x4
- Skid Plate Group
- Front Suspension Skid Plate
- Fuel Tank Skid Plate Shield
- Transfer Case Skid Plate Shield
- Transmission Skid Plate

Looks like they added a Transmission Skid Plate. I wonder if it fits (or can be made to fit) the earlier models?

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It sure would be useful if it could be made to fit. That would be great.

jasimon

Reaction score
Six months and still fighting with dealership about skid plates. Summer coming and hoping to be outfitted in time to more securely go off road - going with or without the final plate!

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is another post about this basic topic here http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=924

Anyway from what I've learned from the LOST guy they changed the underbody a bit for the '05s such that the transfer case skid mounts differently, and as such only the '05s will work with the trans skid on the '05s because it mounts to the same new locations....

jasimon

Reaction score
Looks like I am finally getting all (4) of the skid plates! Only 8 months and lots of complaining to dealership. Anyway it is possible to get all the plates after all.

FarmJeep

Reaction score
I'd love to see some pics of the ****** plate when you get it in...

THanks!
Farmjeep