2005 Limited - Programmable EVIC Features

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

badger

Reaction score
Does anyone with 2005 Limited EVIC have the ability to train key fobs?

[-X I can discuss the merits of running a key fob through the washing machine another time.

Anyway, my owner manual, page 133, lists "Train Remote" as a customer programmable option. My EVIC does not have the option.

Gentleman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have it either, after reading the owners manual I looked for this feature and was never able to find it, I wish Jeep would of taken the time to provide an accurate and detailed owners manual, I have found plenty erronouis statements, and also many contradictory statements

Bob

Jtimpe

Reaction score
Mine has "train remote" and it works, but it's purpose is to train the 3 push buttons on the overhead to open garage doors etc. Since its restricted to this it can't do anything to the key.

badger

Reaction score
Jtimpe...thanks for your response.

I think you and I are talking about two different things. I trained the buttons below the EVIC to open my garage doors, following the instructions on pages 141-143 of the owner's manual. Works great.

As the manual stated, the EVIC indicated TRAINING and then TRAINED once the button has been trained to the particular code on my opener.

Assuming you were provided the same manual, page 133 refers to training additional key fobs using the EVIC.

My EVIC, and Gentleman's above, apparently to not have the training functions described in the manual.

Jtimpe, in the interest of being consistent about Jeep's inconsistencies, do you have the same manual I'm describing, or is yours another variation?

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
w/ the old fobs, all u needed was another working one, and u can train it then. my manual is in the car, i'll go take a look at it later