New/used Jeep Owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can now identify myself as a Jeep owner.

2008 Liberty Limited, but with cloth seats (a must for me). I don't know if they changed the seats. It's all listed as customer premium package and all that.

It has all the options. Moonroof. I'll probably never use it.
Blue tooth phone. Never use that.
Tow package, I'll use it. With a Curt hitch? Not factory orig?
4x4 trail rated. Ok
New tires, but more of a street tire.
TPMS, I like that. If the tire symbol comes on the 4 pressures light up under the odo. I saw that in action as it had a low tire.
Cruise works, essential.
It has a radio no idea if it works, don't care. Actually there are not very many radio stations here. Part of why I moved here (no freeways, few people.)

137500 miles. But starts up and runs every time.
Doesn't over heat, 100 miles to get home. No problems.

Blue with light grey interior. Real pretty. Perfect condition, may have been a replacement.
Engine has been worked over good. No leaks or drips underneath.

Power door locks and windows, remote entry. Passenger door lock doesn't work. I'll fix it.

V6, looks like new coils. Maybe other new stuff. I will go over everything.

Missing a piece of plastic over base of seat belt. Either junk yard or dealer.

Where is a good place to order oem factory original parts. For my Honda parts I usually go to Honda Parts now, etc. give a good discount, but oem parts.

Does Jeep or Chrysler have anything like that/
Thanks
dc

Lardog

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice purchase. These KJ/KK Jeeps are pretty easy(knock on wood) to work on and maintain.A ton of documentation and parts for them. And fun to drive.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very easy to work on. Love this vehicle.

I’ve replaced both seat belt covers on the front seats before. Here are their part numbers: 1DX41BD5AA and 1DX40BD5AA. I have a blue 08 also with a light gray interior so these part numbers should be a color match to yours.

I replaced a rear door lock that stopped functioning as well, but it sounds like yours is a passenger front so different part number.

The factory service manual can be found here: https://www.jeepkj.com/threads/factory-service-manual-links-kk.74533/

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howard

You have two of the same number. That's what I first ordered but then changed one to IDX41DK2AB which near as I could tell was the other side. I hope. So I don't have to send any back. If they let me.

Thanks to all.
dc

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Howard

Which transmission filter should I get. It looks like they have a bunch lined up, some of which obviously won't fit. Such as the one with the oval hole, rather than the round hole which i believe the transmission has.

I'm look at 5 20 oil Any special trans fluid?
Thanks
dc

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howard

You have two of the same number. That's what I first ordered but then changed one to IDX41DK2AB which near as I could tell was the other side. I hope. So I don't have to send any back. If they let me.

Thanks to all.
dc
One side is 40 and the other is 41. Otherwise the same number.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Howard

Which transmission filter should I get. It looks like they have a bunch lined up, some of which obviously won't fit. Such as the one with the oval hole, rather than the round hole which i believe the transmission has.

I'm look at 5 20 oil Any special trans fluid?
Thanks
dc
The transmission fluid and filter services I’ve had done at my mechanic, since Jeep neglected to include a dipstick! I can’t remember what brand filter they used, but we always use Mopar or an OEM equivalent. Trans fluid is Mopar ATF+4. Mine’s been changed 3 times in 174K miles and the transmissions still feels tight and works as it should.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
One side is 40 and the other is 41. Otherwise the same number.
Following up, I remember I took pictures of these. Unfortunately the two sides are different.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

These are the ones I broke while installing the heated seat kit. You can see a broken tab on each.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a better idea on those numbers. I'll call them in the morning to try to see which ones are right. Yours look green in the photo.
dc

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm starting to get a better idea on those numbers. I'll call them in the morning to try to see which ones are right. Yours look green in the photo.
dc
Lol. Gotta love the photo quality of the old flip phone from years back.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did see on one Jeep I looked at two bolt holes where it would have been towed behind an RV. I had to look up if that shows on the odometer or not.

On this one, I saw two ports on the front one each side, like you see on airplane wings.

On the dash it shows, for example S 41. Which I took to be the ambient air temp, and perhaps wind direction?

No, it's the compass feature, heading of the Jeep, assuming the compass is working properly. I'll have to check it with my hand held compass or my general sense of knowing which way I am going.

Just more stuff to go wrong.
dc

Latest posts

Members online