2004 liberty lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I'm wrong I like to be put straight in a respectable manner just like gator and everyone else in the world.

I was polite in my first post...

Not to be rude but renegades are not an inch higher than other liberties stock and they don't come stock with an LSD either. I saw you mention that in another post a few days ago. Carry on.

I tried to give him the correct information, and saw no need for this.

first of I never, never said that this is a stock option. and no not all renegades came with all these options, never said they did.. and yes there is a off road package..i have it.. and for you that said that theres no lsd in these your dead wrong...I have a trac-loc in my rear, that came with my package .from the factory there will be a white tag\sticker on the left side of axle tube the says this. and for the 4;10 gears that's the way it was ordered....not stock never said this stuff was STOCK.. THESE ARE OPTIONS .......its funny that since mine don't have this package, with just a daystar, I can clear 33\12.50s mm that don't sound write does it.......no there not on now , I put them on at mudd hole . a standard suspension with daystar would never do this...any ways im don't try do defend my self to yall .. I never asked for yalls attacks or onions.. o and my vin # is 372grow 8up33

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well this has been an interesting debate that I have started here. I don't want daystar as I have read several bad things about them in my research before I even started the thread. That is why I put the two options I was thinking about. I want to UPGRADE my suspension not raise my current suspension. Now if there are other kit options out there of which someone might recommend to be better then the 2 that I originally posted please let me know. I have not researched everything so I don't even come close to know it all and as I said if there are more GOOD options please let me know.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also tire choices....Wrangler MT/R, Wrangler Dura Trac, Toyo Open Country, Firestone Destination MT, BFG MT and BFG AT. Of these choices which are the better tire for wear, ride and grip?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah we should probably get this thread back on track...

I would go for the duratracs personally. I would say silent armors, but they stopped making them.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What was this the thread about again? LoL

Another option would be the Frankenlift from AllJ as well.

For tires Duratrac hands down wins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dang, and here I thought it was all me lol.

Back to the topic, and tires. I'd stay clear of the BFGs. For the price they are over rated. Most of the tires listed are worth a look at, and I'd mention one more, Cooper STT. These are my opinions, and my opinions alone, and are neither right, nor wrong. Just a disclaimer lol

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I just read about the Frankenlift. It seems like an option also. Do I need the JBA Control arms with this lift? Or is it fine without?
Actually what exactly is the benefit of the JBA Control arms?
Is one lift better then the other comparing the Frankenlift to the Econolift?
Also is the tire size options the same for the 2 lifts?
And is there more tire rub with one lift or the other with the same size tires?

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for all the questions, especially in one post. As things come to mind I have to ask them or I will forget.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Max tire size will be 245/75 16 unless you regear. Then you could go to 265/75.

The control arms allow better movement and once you lift they will allow you to realign properly.

I hear they are not needed unless you are going over 3" or something like that. Id spring for them personally either way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I just read about the Frankenlift. It seems like an option also. Do I need the JBA Control arms with this lift? Or is it fine without?
Actually what exactly is the benefit of the JBA Control arms?
Is one lift better then the other comparing the Frankenlift to the Econolift?
Also is the tire size options the same for the 2 lifts?
And is there more tire rub with one lift or the other with the same size tires?

With the Frankenlift YES you need the JBA upper control arms since it will sit you at 4 inches or so, also takes a long time to break it in
245-75-16 tires is a safe bet for any lift over 2.5 inches
Duratracs for tires 65,000 on mine and still churning up the snow

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So with the price of the Frankenlift plus the JBA arms it would be cheaper to go ahead and buy the Econo lift that come with the arms. Are the front struts already assembled in the Econo lift?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So with the price of the Frankenlift plus the JBA arms it would be cheaper to go ahead and buy the Econo lift that come with the arms. Are the front struts already assembled in the Econo lift?

JBA can do them but charges to do it, can't remember how much

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What is needed to do them? Just spring compressors?
Take them to a shop and have them compressed. The issue with KJ springs no matter if Ironman or OME is the coils are close together. Now once you have them compressed enough to get everything together then there is almost no room to remove the spring compressors like the ones you get from parts stores. The Ironman are esp. tight

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do I need to enlarge the pockets where the arms are mounted or is that mainly for the bigger lifts?

Snail Farmer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Definitely don't try to compress them yourself.. my Ironman coils broke an "industrial sized" compressor at the shop I took them to.

Sent from my HTC One using the power of Mary's purse

CzarKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya my mechanic was not happy with me after compressing my ironman springs. Though he seems to like pointing out the kj with yellow springs to people.

Sent from my iPhone using Peanut Butter

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know our compressor grunted when I did mine, but no issues here. Ours has the three fingers on top instead of two like many do. It may be a lil heavier duty.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
At least the regular OME 927s and Ironman are not like the OME 790s
My shop that does all of mine had one of my 790s take off and fly across a bay and a half and smack the concrete block wall hard enough to take a chunk out of it
:Insane:Is about the look the guy had right afterwards :roflsquared: