2004 liberty lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well unless it is gonna cause problems if I don't enlarge them I will just leave them alone

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will the 245/75/16 tires fit with the Ironman 1.5" lift without problems or does it have to be the 3.5" for them to fit right? Also if I go the 1.5" will it align with the factory upper arms or are the JBA uppers required?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Will the 245/75/16 tires fit with the Ironman 1.5" lift without problems or does it have to be the 3.5" for them to fit right? Also if I go the 1.5" will it align with the factory upper arms or are the JBA uppers required?
You get more than 1.5 inches of lift with the Ironman or OME
Ironman will give you about 2.25 inches over new stock height when settled in, without anything else added
The 1.5 is a advertised height for over in Australia
You are fine with the stock arms until you get into the 3 plus lift amounts

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just thinking I will not really be doing much offroading and if so it will be light. So if the 245/75/16 will fit with that kit I may just do that kit. What else would be needed with that kit? Can those fronts be pre-assembled for the $59 or are there parts needed from my Jeep to complete it? Also should I get the HD or regular. I wont be doing a winch I don't figure so would the HD be needed? I may put a bull bar or brush guard of some sort on it but will that add enough weight to need the HD setup?

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are spring isolators and shock mounts that you have to re-use or buy new if you want JBA to do them for you. Otherwise you can have a local repair shop do it for you. Brushguards and bull bars don't have any real weight, they're there for looks only, so I don't see you needing the HD springs.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which kit is better....The Ironman or the OME? And is the OME gonna settle more around 2.25 like the Ironman or will it be different?
And also the other question...will the 245/75/16 fit without issue with these lifts?

streetglideok

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom says the Ironman rides a little better vs the OME. The OME seems to sit a little higher in front vs the Ironman. Either one will not have an issue with those tires. I believe Tom showed pics comparing the springs of the Ironman and the OME springs, but I can say that the Ironmans are dramatically heavier than the original stuff. Don't worry, the things ride amazingly nice compared to what you have now. Make sure you order the Teraflex bumpstops for the front. It's also a good idea to add a spacer for the rear bump stops, typically hockey pucks.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I finally measured my ride height. DF 17 7/8, PF 18, DR 18 1/2 and PR 18 7/8. I measured from the center to the outer lip of the fender. Is that where I was supposed to measure?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I finally measured my ride height. DF 17 7/8, PF 18, DR 18 1/2 and PR 18 7/8. I measured from the center to the outer lip of the fender. Is that where I was supposed to measure?
center to the bottom of the flare in front , right front is most times lower also
so you are 1.25 inches lower than stock at least

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I will hopefully get the money together here soon to place the order. Just have to figure out which kit I will go with. Decisions....Decisions.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have decided on this kit.
OME 1.50" lift kit KJ
Which options should I go for?
So the only other thing I need is the terraflex bump stops.

Will this sit level? I don't want the front sitting higher then the back. If the back is a little higher that is fine.

4x4kayak2112

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I have decided on this kit.
OME 1.50" lift kit KJ
Which options should I go for?
So the only other thing I need is the terraflex bump stops.

Will this sit level? I don't want the front sitting higher then the back. If the back is a little higher that is fine.

If its sitting a little forward add a hair of clevis lift to it.

Sent with the power of children's screams!!!

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why do the pictures of the struts look different then what is on there? Do they mount different or am I missing something? I don't know very much about it all but it just looks different.
I was thinking of finding all new parts to mount to the new struts but don't know if it still mounts the same. Does the new strut still mount to the lower fork looking thing?
Sorry for the many questions.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Why do the pictures of the struts look different then what is on there? Do they mount different or am I missing something? I don't know very much about it all but it just looks different.
I was thinking of finding all new parts to mount to the new struts but don't know if it still mounts the same. Does the new strut still mount to the lower fork looking thing?
Sorry for the many questions.
I'm not sure what pictures you are looking at so not really sure what is different
BUT I do know all front shocks mount the same way from 2002-2012. All have the lower end sliding down into the clevis and the clevis mounting to the lower control arm. Not sure what new parts you are looking for to mount the new ones to? If you could post some pictures of what you maybe loking at it would help. But it still comes down to they are all the same

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the ome lift kit and the picture just looks different. It looks like there is a shaft coming out the bottom of the strut.

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the ironman gives about 2.25" of lift how much does the ome lift give after settling?

solareclipsed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am going with the OME kit. Hopefully will be ordering in the next week or so. Just to make sure...I want the 927 and 948 with 132L and 1 pair of the terra flex bumps? Also 2 hockey pucks per side?
Thanks