2004 jeep liberty light bar question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeepersmister

Reaction score
Hey everyone! Long time reader here but first time poster. I have been trolling the web to find the answer to this question and can't find it. Maybe with all your experience you can help me.

I own a 2004 jeep liberty renegade with the light bar. I recently went on a wild solo trip on the Oregon/Washington coast and the Olympic Mountains for 8 days.
This light bar only has 2 black/removable covers and unfortunately I don't want to spent $35 bucks each on them online. Sadly, as I passed a large dump truck, large debris was thrown into one of the lights not covered, breaking the glass. I've learned from this forum that they are 9006 55w bulbs but I'm looking tofin d out how to search or find the case/glass cover for these. The light itself works, only the glass/housing is broken. Not sure how to find these. I will try to find a Pick n pull but for now I'll try here to get a new one. Any help would be awesome. I would just put a cover over it so the unit doesn't get damaged by weather but it gets crazy hot and don't want to lose another cover plate. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20170128_122506.jpg
    20170128_122506.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

jeepersmister

Reaction score
They are out of their minds for $175. Thanks. I'm wondering if there are aftermarket prices for it. That's ridiculous.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are out of their minds for $175. Thanks. I'm wondering if there are aftermarket prices for it. That's ridiculous.

Well, that is for the entire light, not just the lens, as I read it.

In all seriousness, I'd start looking at salvage yards. I'd bet you could gran an entire light bar from a wrecked/blown engine Renegade at a junk yard for less than $175. LOTS of spare parts!

Kj/toy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, that is for the entire light, not just the lens, as I read it.

In all seriousness, I'd start looking at salvage yards. I'd bet you could gran an entire light bar from a wrecked/blown engine Renegade at a junk yard for less than $175. LOTS of spare parts!

It's only money...a person can always make more...

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only money...a person can always make more...

For sure.. lot's of ways to do that too. For whatever reason, I keep getting more deposited into my bank account every Friday.

With rare items such as this, I guess it comes down to how bad you really want it. As they say, something's only worth what someone's willing to pay.

On the other hand, something is totally worth the price if you want it bad enough!