2003 Liberty 15" on 2005 Liberty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAudi

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Not new to forums but had trouble finding an answer to my question, most answers were for lifted/oversize tires. Such as this almost being helpful, but was for aftermarket

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f200/15-wheels-06-a-55365/

I am moving further north into the snow belt and am looking at fitting a pair of snow tires onto my 2005 Liberty sport. I found a good deal on a set of 15" wheels from a 2003 sport liberty (5-114.3) to put snow tires on and keep my 16"s for no seasons. Specifically looking at putting 235/75R15 on them. I am worried by visual inspection it looks like it will be a squeeze with the front calipers. I read through the informative sticky on back spacing but doesn't give a lot of insight into whether this combination will fit.

Here are the ones I am looking at for a little visual cue as to what style, not much info I can get from the seller since he is over an hour away.

You must be registered for see images

Thank you for any insight and sorry if a :3681700093_1f8b56e8

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Not new to forums but had trouble finding an answer to my question, most answers were for lifted/oversize tires. Such as this almost being helpful, but was for aftermarket

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f200/15-wheels-06-a-55365/

I am moving further north into the snow belt and am looking at fitting a pair of snow tires onto my 2005 Liberty sport. I found a good deal on a set of 15" wheels from a 2003 sport liberty (5-114.3) to put snow tires on and keep my 16"s for no seasons. Specifically looking at putting 235/75R15 on them. I am worried by visual inspection it looks like it will be a squeeze with the front calipers. I read through the informative sticky on back spacing but doesn't give a lot of insight into whether this combination will fit.

Here are the ones I am looking at for a little visual cue as to what style, not much info I can get from the seller since he is over an hour away.

Thank you for any insight and sorry if a :3681700093_1f8b56e8

KJs never came with a 15 inch wheel from the factory. Those are stock KJ wheels 16 inch in diameter . Only 15 inch that will work are steel wheels like Soft 8s etc to clear the front calipers

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only 15 inch that will work are steel wheels like Soft 8s etc to clear the front calipers

I'm running 15" steel Dodge D100 pickup wheels for the winter. Fit just fine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm running 15" steel Dodge D100 pickup wheels for the winter. Fit just fine.

Maybe post up what years since 99% of the 15 inch wheels from a regular production vehicle will not fit over the caliper in front

RAudi

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I contacted the seller and apparently it was a typo, they were 16's. I did find a better deal on new 2014 patriot wheels ($100) so went with those, also 16's. Not really as aesthetically pleasing but think some spiffing up will help. Don't really care anyways, going to be covered by snow most of the time anyways!

Last edited:

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe post up what years since 99% of the 15 inch wheels from a regular production vehicle will not fit over the caliper in front

I took mine off my '84 Ramcharger (2wd). They are a plain steel wheel used on half ton trucks and vans thru '84. After that the bolt pattern got bigger.

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try and fit one without a tire. Hub size on liberty is 71.5 and pretty sure the patriot is 67.1

bolt pattern back spacing etc might be fine but wont' flush mount on the hub.

Thanks for the replies, I contacted the seller and apparently it was a typo, they were 16's. I did find a better deal on new 2014 patriot wheels ($100) so went with those, also 16's. Not really as aesthetically pleasing but think some spiffing up will help. Don't really care anyways, going to be covered by snow most of the time anyways!

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you happen to be running non-hub pilot wheel spacers, the center hole won't matter.