2002 radio/cd changer replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi
i have a 2002 limited with the infinity sound system.
i have the CD/cassette combo deck, we dont use the cassette ever.
today the display died on the radio.
can i install one of the 'RBQ' head units with the internal 6 disc changer (the plugs on the back look the same) and then still have my 6 disc changer in the back?

if not, i would be looking into aftermarket headunits, what are compatible with my steering wheel controls and factory 6 disc cd changer? or what adapters do i need to get?

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my set up. I ditched the wiring and the 6 disc crap and put in a Sony MEX-N400BT
Bluetooth, USB, multi band adjustment the whole 9 yards. Works great. But i also replaced all door speakers with kenwoods to make it sound even better. As far as the steering controls, I'm not sure. This is how it looks. (I also have the limited trim)
Also, you can use CDS too. But I never do however it sounds great!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You must be registered for see images attach

04Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can as long as the head unit has the built in controls for the CD changer.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Pulled the CD/ cassette out of my 03 and installed another one out of a later model, took all of 10 minutes
Never use a radio/ player that much to waste money on aftermarket units
ALTHOUGH TwoBobs setup does look impressive

adamkrz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When mine died 3 years ago - I went with a unit with H.D. radio ( free non commercial radio ) And a usb port that I can plug in a thumb drive that holds thousands of songs.

Crutchfield has great deals and will send an install kit and instructions for the liberty.

I haven't listened to the radio for many years but was very surprised what is available for free with H.D. radio..

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like others mentioned, call Crutchfield. They will tell you exactly which models are compatible.