2 weeks Post TM3.5" Econo lift, evaluation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KJScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the new left side axle seal and the 1/2 spacers today. Tom you were right, it gives me half inch more over the 3/8 spacers. It looks a lot better. Guess I will be getting another alignment soon.

Attachments

• 20140112_161846.jpg
    20140112_161846.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 67

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Installed the new left side axle seal and the 1/2 spacers today. Tom you were right, it gives me half inch more over the 3/8 spacers. It looks a lot better. Guess I will be getting another alignment soon.
AH.............you thought I maybe wrong :wtf2:

:roflbow::roflbow::roflbow:

salemdiesel

Reaction score
Looks awesome. I'm sold and ordering it today. I've been reading for months on which one is the best lift for the money. I have a crd with a winch bumper. Do I go with the .5 clevis spacer? Picked up a set of rubicon wheel this week so now I know what it's going to look like.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. I'm sold and ordering it today. I've been reading for months on which one is the best lift for the money. I have a crd with a winch bumper. Do I go with the .5 clevis spacer? Picked up a set of rubicon wheel this week so now I know what it's going to look like.

with the CRD, plus the aftermarket bumper make sure you get the right springs etc
Click on the HD springs , plus another question, are you going to be running a winch anytime soon? If so there is a couple of other things I would suggest to add to carry the extra weight
I would add the JBA-025-SSR Strut Spring Rings at 18.90 , these will increase the spring rate by 175 lb

Last edited:

salemdiesel

Reaction score
Thanks. I do have a winch. Does this compress the spring like other spacers? Should I just call them to be sure I get the right setup?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I do have a winch. Does this compress the spring like other spacers? Should I just call them to be sure I get the right setup?

Its not really like a spacer , not like Daystar etc. This is made for making the springs better to hold the extra weight, for instance the HD springs are for the CRD, but you have also added an aftermarket bumper ( not sure what kind you have ) and a winch . So depending on bumper and winch you have added another 150-160 lb, that spring ring will take care of the extra amount of weight

salemdiesel

Reaction score
Ok thanks. Can't wait to get this installed. I built my bumper. I have the pictures in the fabrication discussions. I have another stupid question. Where does the clevis go? I haven't seen pictures of it installed. Maybe I drawing a blank but I can't see where it goes. Does the jeepinbyal tommudd come with instructions?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok thanks. Can't wait to get this installed. I built my bumper. I have the pictures in the fabrication discussions. I have another stupid question. Where does the clevis go? I haven't seen pictures of it installed. Maybe I drawing a blank but I can't see where it goes. Does the jeepinbyal tommudd come with instructions?

Instructions? lots of how tos everywhere but its a simple job of replacing stock parts with aftermarket. Take the springs to a shop to be compressed , the strut spring ring goes on the shock(strut) before you slide isolator/spring down over
as far as doing a clevis it goes on between the "clevis " and the bottom of the shock
But remember you have a CRD which can not be lifted as high as a gasser can.
Personally if I had a CRD with winch/ heavy bumper etc I would go OME 790s in front 948 springs in the rear and then OME shocks with a top plate in front and one extra isolator on each side in the rear. Throw in the JBA UCAs and be done. Not as much lift but less issues down the road

Last edited:

salemdiesel

Reaction score
Haha now I don't know what to do. Why do you say it can't be lifted as high? Just cause of the weight. Does JBA sell the extra top plate and isolators? Sorry for asking all the questions. I'll figure it out eventually. I love the higher look but want it to be right. I drive 35k per year and it my daily driver.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha now I don't know what to do. Why do you say it can't be lifted as high? Just cause of the weight. Does JBA sell the extra top plate and isolators? Sorry for asking all the questions. I'll figure it out eventually. I love the higher look but want it to be right. I drive 35k per year and it my daily driver.

Has nothing to do with the weight, but everything to do with the way the front diffs sits in the CRDs. They had to place it farther over to the left, so that sides CV is shorter than on a gasser and causes issues when lifted too high. Thats why I always suggest keeping the lift on a CRD more in the 3-3.25 range instead of the way I do the gassers at 3.50-3.75 after everything is settled in.
JBA has everything on their site , no worries on the questions etc . Thats how the TM Econo lift came to be was people always asking for a kit with the best/cheapest way, so questions are good.
Either way will work for you, BUT with the 4 inch springs in the rear on a CRD I'm afraid it would really have quite of bit of rake front to back .
Just my opinion on it.

salemdiesel

Reaction score
You're the man. Didn't know the diff set offset further on the CRD. Makes perfect since.

Armysniper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well the left side axle seal is definitely slowly leaking, I will be replacing it when the seal arrives, so I will go ahead and install the .50" clevis spacers since I am tearing things apart anyway. At least everything will be easier to break loose now.

Congrats dude, let me know when you're ready. So we can go play in the mud

72specialized

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my TME3.5" lift. I'm doing the hockey puck bump stiops in the rear. My question is do I use one puck per side or two? Thank in advance.

Alan