2" Budget Boost?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking at adding a 2" Budget Boost in addition to the OME suspension and Al's Arm setup I am currently running on 245/75R16 tires. First, I don't think this is enough lift that will require changing the angle on the drive shaft. And are wheel spacers a good addition to decrease tire rub.
Since installing the suspension about 1.5 years ago it has settled about .5". It is sitting 21" from tire center to edge of fender flare on the front.

DJ

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
An additional 2" is most likely going to put up over what the CV joints will allow.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What are you using for the 2 inch " budget boost" ?
If you want problems then go for it, if you want to keep it for a DD then I would not. Several have tried variations but it seems soon after they either tear something up or change it out. Have seen no one do it long term.
What springs do you have in it anyways and how many miles? Have you done a top plate and clevis on it?
3 ring Clevis and JBA top plate will get you 1.25 inches of lift easy

DJSKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 74k on it and probably about 10k on the new suspension, the heavy duty OME setup. I have not done a top plate or clevis. I was looking at my best option for a little more lift and that seems to be it.

DJ

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Clevis ( 3 conduit nuts high) and a top plate is the best bet for you. Most all of the spacer type lifts give you 2.5 inches of lift and would be too much