2.5 inch kj lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to be so late.:icon_redface: Family emergency. Liberty stayed at Tulane medical In New Orleans than here at home .... but I got pics. Spider Trax with lift has already got attention.:happy107:
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

RookieLibertyist

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering dont know if its been mentioned but how is the rustys lift that is on the ristys website? cuz i wanna do it rightand just 1000 for a frankenlift is a lot though its the best for a reason.

help me please

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just wondering dont know if its been mentioned but how is the rustys lift that is on the ristys website? cuz i wanna do it rightand just 1000 for a frankenlift is a lot though its the best for a reason.

help me please

Just go to the "Lift Kit Discussion" section and start reading, thats what I did. All the info I needed, plus some was there.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC

help me please

Actually a $1000.00 is not allot of money for a lift kit.
Have a look at various magazines and websites for other makes of vehicles and you will see what I mean.

One guy here on the forum and from B.C. decided to do it "his way" and bought all his stuff locally and via the U.S. and ended up spending close to $1700.00 on his lift kit!
Had he listened to me in the first place he could of had a Frankenlift for at least $500-$600.00 less!

Oh well, fools and their money! ;)

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope, just as safe either way as long as the bolt is tightened to factory specs.

hoff1221

Reaction score
quick question if someone can answer this for me, i have the daystar spacer kit, 2.5 inch. I wanted to add old man emu springs that are 1.5 inch in front an rear and better shocks, My question i have is it still safe to add those springs on the spacer kit with the stock a arms.

hoff1221

Reaction score
I understand it would be 5 inchs almost but is it too high even with aftermarket a arms n notching out the cv is my question

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I understand it would be 5 inchs almost but is it too high even with aftermarket a arms n notching out the cv is my question

Yes and would be basically undrivaeble and unsafe
at 4.25 inches of lift you have spring contact with the aftermarket arms even, it has been discussed at least 500 times since I started playing with KJs in 04 IF you want 5 inches of lift a whole lot more you have to do and best is JeepinByAls 6 inch kit then, plus add the steel front diff, 4.88 gears, lockers......................:happy175:

sexygirlfriend

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm running the numbers, engineering, researching things still... The question:

Have you measured your droop? How far is it?
For you guys running 2.5 inches of lift with a stock legnth strut, (or a slightly longer strut, such as an NS131) it seems like it would be somewhat less than 3 inches.

I read on one of the hundreds of posts (that I read BEFORE I asked any questions:)) that you are measuring about 23.5" hub center to fender flare. When you jack up your rig and the tire is hanging, what is that new hub-to-fender distance?

Next question is, when you DO THAT, are you running into any problems with your CV's? If so what and at what droop do they start to bind or what not?

Question #4 -- How much weight are you on the front wheels?

Thanks for the time!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
23.5 is max or over
best to stay at 22.5/22.75 to keep everything happy
weight, mmm never weighed the frontend but with the ARB etc its a little heavier well the whole thing is :happy175:
3 inches of droop, sounds about right never measured