2.5 inch kj lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The specs for "worn out" coils are listed in the FSM in section 2,page 2-4.You get 20mm from max to min which less then 1" so 18"-18.5" center of wheel to flare is "worn out" and out of specs.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The specs for "worn out" coils are listed in the FSM in section 2,page 2-4.You get 20mm from max to min which less then 1" so 18"-18.5" center of wheel to flare is "worn out" and out of specs.

Thank you much. BTW, your Jeep looks like it has a loooong way 2 go 2 b considered worn out. :smokin: Still lookin good like in the avatar?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You could have stopped at the first sentence. I'm not challenging facts. I simply want to know what "worn out" is. I'm not going to change springs just because someone says mine are "worn out". I'll show a small portion of my epeter just to make a point. My son and I just finished a 1006 h.p. LT1 for his '96 Camaro. My point is when it comes to all things automotive I deal with specs. My point is if members on this board want to inform others they should use specifics to impress on the minds of others just how correct their info is. I'm being neither against the grain nor argumentative. Just discussing. Bench racing if you will. Folks shouldn't get their ******* in a wad.

You know not to down grade anyone but 95% don't care about so called specs, so its a good reason they are never used in describing something or anything on most any forum. People with little knowledge come on and ask " how can I do this for this amount of money" They don't care so the reason behind what you consider vague answers.
So why throw "specifics to impress on the minds of others" when most don't care nor would they understand.
So get your big boy underware back on and keep discussing springs and how they do wear out. :happy175:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
While "most" may not care, there are always some that do. I'm sure you each have your own personal ideas/specifications about what's worn out, broken, etc. No need to publicly entertain an argument between you that is doing little-to-nothing progress peoples' knowledge. It's going nowhere. Take it to PM if you feel it needs to continue.

Thanks.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to make it perfectly clear I'm not nor did I ever intend to argue with anyone. Ms. Jayme, they got the knowledge and I wanted it. I really don't have any preconceived specs. The written word just don't convey the the actual feelings and intentions of the writer.

Tom, I know you are right about most people. I never offer supporting facts or specs at first either. Only when the questioner shows serious interest do I do that.

More spring discussion? I just measured the rear of my Libby. 18 3/8ths @ 66k miles. How about the front? Anyone know this one off the top of yer haid or do I have to look it up? Advice on replacement spring?

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wayne,
Front is 19 new, wheres yours at now ?

To me its like spring rates, most don't care just what works, if they ask I give it to them but otherwise...
As far as springs go several ways to go if you want some extra height or just about stock
For example in the front the OME 925 which are the lightest weight ones have a 350 lb rating, stock is 310 so it would give you a better ride, and last longer

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like 18.5 but it's kinda dark. I'll get better measurements tomorrow.

I'd like to go a little higher while making any changes.

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Just to make it perfectly clear I'm not nor did I ever intend to argue with anyone. Ms. Jayme, they got the knowledge and I wanted it. I really don't have any preconceived specs. The written word just don't convey the the actual feelings and intentions of the writer.

I get ya - no worries. Just trying to prevent the proverbial *******-match. It's what they pay me for... or not. :pp:

I don't think you're doing too bad at 18.5... I've heard other people report 18" or below. How do your CV angles look - that's another quick way I use to gather how much altitude has been lost.

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..... 18"-18.5" center of wheel to flare is "worn out" and out of specs.

Outside corner of flare to wheel center:
Left front = 18.5
Right front = 18
Left rear = 18 3/8
Right rear = 18

What did u say those OME spring #s were?:disgust::icon_redface:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
heres the OME rundown
front
925s 350 lb
926 375 lb
927 400 lb
stock are rated at 310 lb, so are Rustys and Skyjacker
BDS fronts are at 435 lb
rear I would use nothing but the 948s
Infront all that I have installed have been the 927s in front, ride is 1000 times better than stock and they do not ride rough. Even Frankenlifts use the 927s in their fronts

I'm surprised that your left front is the height it is, most always the drivers side is 1/4 to 1/2 inch loser with stock springs

Last edited:

Redbone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that surprised me too.

How much higher do the 948s and 927s ride over stock? Also I see there is a "front strut trim packer" available. Any experience with them?

This is looking more and more like something I LIKE to do.

Last edited:

Jorgezee1

Reaction score
First, Hello to all. my name is Jorge I have a 2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 2WD and I am new to the Jeep world, so far I spent the last 6 days googling everything I can about the Liberty and decided that one on my first mods will be suspension.

Guys, I appologize ahead of time for bieng a newbie and asking a question that might have already been answered, so here I go. Does it make a difference when lifting the KJ if your 2wd or 4wd? I would think the front of a 4wd jeep would be heavier and require a stiffer spring to maintain the same ride height and ride quality as the 2wd counter part using the softer front OME spring. just curious what you guys think I should go with for the front? Also do you guys have any recommendations on where to buy the springs and shocks? Rocky Road Outfitters?

Thank You in advance.

Jorge

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Use the same springs on the 2 wheel drive
Say No to RRO
Check out AllJs or JeepinByAl for all of your springs and shocks

treyodum

Reaction score
I know its unrelated, but ive been having a problem with my front end bouncing when offroad, much like an old lowered cadillac on hydraulics, even when I go over a hump on the highway it bounces a for a bit. Buddy said I needed to replace my front struts, is this right? or what would you suggest?

Attachments

• Liberty.jpg
    Liberty.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 16

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes sounds like its time to replace your front"shocks"
Also what type of lift do you have on it?
If spacer you may want to upgrade or at least install longer bumpstops if you haven't already
Throw us some more info :whip:

Doublebogey

Reaction score
Good Day Folks. Newbie from Colorado here. My wife and I have inherited our sons '04 Jeep Liberty. We have decided to make the vehicle more off road capable. I have been using the search function of the the forum and thank you so much for the wealth of information.

My 4x4 shop here in Boulder is pushing hard for the skyjacker platinum coilover lift. I am thinking Frankenlift partly due to the OME parts and for some reason the quote is $400 less. Any opinions would be helpful.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Good Day Folks. Newbie from Colorado here. My wife and I have inherited our sons '04 Jeep Liberty. We have decided to make the vehicle more off road capable. I have been using the search function of the the forum and thank you so much for the wealth of information.

My 4x4 shop here in Boulder is pushing hard for the skyjacker platinum coilover lift. I am thinking Frankenlift partly due to the OME parts and for some reason the quote is $400 less. Any opinions would be helpful.

For some unknown reason that is all most off road shops know is to sell Skyjacker!
Now the first few KJ lifts they did were great, ( back in 02-03) but they quickly changed them to a softride coil which is only rated at,.... get this 310 lb same as stock. :Bye:OME 927s ( what they use in Frankys ) is 410 lb and hold up a long time. So educate that shop or better yet just buy the Franky and throw it on yourself! You can also do a OME full spring with OME shocks or Bilsteins add a clevis and top plate and end up almost as high as a Franky