2” lift on 03 liberty tire size

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Bailey

Reaction score
Just picked up an 03 liberty with a 2” lift. Was wondering what size tire I could get away with with minimal modification. Currently has 245/70/16 on it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
First question
What kind of lift, if spacer lift then were new springs and shocks installed

So,.................................................................
first thing
on level ground
left front
measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare

2 inch lift tells nothing by itself so the need to answer and measure

Here is why, I've ran into KJ owners who have said they have a 2-3 inch lift. But it is a spacer lift on tired, sagged , stock springs and when measured it has maybe an inch of lift.
Also, even some aftermarket full spring lifts say one thing but deliver another
With say OME when using 927 front 948 rear you get an honest 2.5 inches of lift everytime
So what do you have ?

Last edited:

Ryan Bailey

Reaction score
So it is a 2” spacer lift, new struts and all new suspension on all 4 corners( ball joints etc) measured from center of wheel to base of flare and it measured at 22 1/4

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spacer lift :(
But since you already have it, 245-75-16s will work proving you have the right width and backspaced wheels
You'll lose some power and gas mileage going to that size
I'm running the same height tire on one of mine but with 4.10 gearing to get it back in the groove

Now on to your lift, as soon as possible buy a set of JeepinByAl upper control arms, and Teraflex front bumpstops
those two thing will help your springs and shocks especially last a little bit longer
Spacer lifts on the KJs are notorious for killing upper ball joints and shocks on front

Ryan Bailey

Reaction score
That would be why the guy I bought it from has already went through a set of upper arms and lower ball joints since he lifted it a few years ago. I’ve always had wranglers but got this thing for a steal so couldn’t pass up something a little better on gas with more room for the kids.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Use MOOG greaseable lower ball joints only, there are cheaper ones but cheap is expensive in the end
The JBA UCAs come with rebuildable ball joints but they last a long time ( I run them on two of mine ( the 03 and 04 )