1st Mod Interior Courtesy Lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ZERODSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following the how to on the courtesy lights was pretty simple but I only spent all in all 10 minutes installing them....

Popped hood and disconnected the negative battery cable

Driver Side

Pulled off the bottom black plastic and pryed the drivers side dash piece down....Seen the wire, un hooked the tape, connected the light, and bolted it up and place...I wasnt sure if there was going to be any hardware on the jeep to bolt it into place seeing as how the light didnt come with any hardware... Bolted everything back up voila done....3 7mm Bolts is all that was....

Passenger side

Pulled off bottom black plastic, Emptied out glove compartment, and felt behind that C channel....Found the wire...I just gave a little tug on the wire, I figured I would either Beak the tape or snap off the connector...Tape Broke thankfully....Put the light up lined everything back up tightened the 3 7mm bolts

Reconnect negative terminal...Done....

Feet lighting is so much nicer to have

You must be registered for see images

First of many more to come....I still want to change my interior to black but for the moment til I find a Clean replacement I can only do small things at a time....

Next mod is Install EVIC system....
Anyone have the proper Model number for an 04,05, or 06 Evic system....WITHOUT The tire psi reading?

Also changed out the plugs today and noticed much smoother idleing and less hesitation....46xxx on the original plugs I bet the gap was all the was up to .052-.060

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about doing this on mine, so the screw that holds the light is there and you don't need to buy any extra hardware right?

Where did you buy your lights?

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was the first mod I made on my rig way back almost 4 years ago. Great return for a minimum investment.

ohaness

Reaction score
I have wanted to do this forever, and even looked for the connectors. Well I have found them thanks to ZERODSM. The connector is getting power so by BCM is supplying it. I have ordered the lamps (OEM) from my dealer (about 16.50 each - expensive but in my mind worth it) and yes, on my 2002 Sport, the mounting screw is in place on each side waiting for the lamp housing. The lower instrument panel cover needs to be removed to see the mounting screw and install. The lamps will be located behind the cover and shine though holes in each The FSM says the connector plugs directly into the lamp housing. I assume I need to by the 906 bulb when I get the housing.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool.. Well i have been considering this for a while, i got to save up some extra cash and get it done finally.

ohaness

Reaction score
First I need to "buy"...not "by" (pick up accually) the units themselves to see if I need to buy bulbs...anyway thanks to all.

ZERODSM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I paid 18.xx each from the dealer ouch....never pay that price again....:mad:

But anyhow all the hardware (only 1 bolt on each side) is there and the lights do include the bulbs....:p

Sunday I'm going to rip everything back apart and put everything how it was then include all pics or maybe do a video of it....Like I said took me all of 5-10minutes...Longest thing was finding the correct tool for the job (7mm Socket...)

I at first firgured hey its an american vehical everything should be standard sizes (Unlike my Mitsubishi Eclipse which is all metric) but I was wrong...Jeep is metric woohoo...I love metric...

But yes It clips directly into the housing, only 1 way to put it in....it's one of them "If you cant find the right way to put it together you shouldnt be near a vehicle) moments :D

ohaness

Reaction score
All done with install. Easy as described. Hardest/most time was spent finding the connectors and confirming power to them. Finally some additional light to find stuff!