1k miles in on my ironman set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im 1k miles in and everything feels great. The system has an awesome ride quality. Im pretty sure ive settled in completly, only about 1/4" all the way around. What kind of life expectancy do i have with the ironman set up? Im running ome924's in the back (iron man was on back order). Now i just need a nice set of a/ts and ill be in good shape.

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Life expectancy all depends on how hard you are on your suspension.
If you do allot of off roading it will wear faster whereas if you just drive on paved roads and light off road use they'll last longer.

Take Old Man Emu coil springs for example.
Some people are getting tens of thousands of miles on them with minimal sagging.
In our case with our Frankenlift after four plus years with heavy off road usage all year round our springs have already sagged considerably (loosing a fair amount of lift) as well as softened up quite a lot and bottoming out on the front and rear bumpstops very often! We'll need to replace them next year with the stiffer Diesel front springs and new heavy duty rear coils to get back to the 4.5 inches of lift we had when everything was brand new and stiff.

That my view on longevity.

Enjoy!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
OME 924s in the back :shrug:Thats a new one
Like Ry stated its hard to tell ,depends on vehicle weight, how its used etc
Mine if its going to be sitting for more than 2-3 days goes up on jack stands with all weight off of the suspension to keep the weight off the springs for example.
Every one is different

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OME 924s in the back :shrug:Thats a new one
Like Ry stated its hard to tell ,depends on vehicle weight, how its used etc
Mine if its going to be sitting for more than 2-3 days goes up on jack stands with all weight off of the suspension to keep the weight off the springs for example.
Every one is different

Sorry i have 948's in the rear lol. I dont carry much weight and trails here in jersey arent exactly *********. over all im happy with everything. The lower shock bolts backed off slightly so there was some noise but thats all taken care of now. Had to get all new ball joints up front and ucas. I wish i had the cash to get the jba set but once the oem uppers go bad ill shell out for als arms..

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
I wish my front springs would relax a bit! I have put 1000 miles on mine too. I have not taken it easy on them either. They have not budged.

NJallDAY

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my front springs would relax a bit! I have put 1000 miles on mine too. I have not taken it easy on them either. They have not budged.

I would say thats a pretty good indication of quality if they havent sagged at all yet. Over the last 3 weeks and 1000 miles i lost about 1/4" of lift from what i can tell by eye. I lost the paper i wrote my pre lift height and fresh install height... ill get some numbers after work for where im sitting now

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Ya it's kinda crazy to wish for your springs to sag ... but I am at 23" in the front and I would LOVE to get another alignment done ... mild bump steer, a little too much drift. The drivers side is in spec but the passenger side .. not so much :(

PLUS I hate looking like I'm poppin' a wheelie ...:happy175:

Latest posts

Members online