16x7 rims with 4" bs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
After scouring through countless threads, these are the wheel specs that would give my Jeep that "filled out" wheel wells look. Problem is, I'm having trouble finding them. Almost all the wheels I like are 16x8. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
After scouring through countless threads, these are the wheel specs that would give my Jeep that "filled out" wheel wells look. Problem is, I'm having trouble finding them. Almost all the wheels I like are 16x8. Any suggestions?

Are you lifted ? If not stick with stock size

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You can run an eight inch wide wheel BUT backspacing has to be 5 inches
Then of course you need a wider tire like 255-70-16 or 265-70-16 to be wide enough for the wheel

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
You can run an eight inch wide wheel BUT backspacing has to be 5 inches
Then of course you need a wider tire like 255-70-16 or 265-70-16 to be wide enough for the wheel

I read your posts about how a 16x7 wheel is the way to go. I don't want to use spacers, and I want to have that muscular "filled in" look/stance in my wheel wells that 4" backspacing would give me. Problem is I just can't find any good aftermarket wheels that fit those specs. Any suggestions?

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read your posts about how a 16x7 wheel is the way to go. I don't want to use spacers, and I want to have that muscular "filled in" look/stance in my wheel wells that 4" backspacing would give me. Problem is I just can't find any good aftermarket wheels that fit those specs. Any suggestions?

Guess I was ignored.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Lets see , yes 4 inch backspaced 7 inch wide wheel does fill out the wheelwell
But it comes out the same as a 5 inch backspaced 8 inch wheel
No spacers are needed on either one
Muscular ........interesting :icon_razz::icon_razz:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jim McClain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like our URLs are redirecting to a partner site first. Scroll all the way to the bottom right and click "skip these deals & continue to summitracing.com"

That's Viglink, which is what the owners of JeepKJ.com uses to monitize links on the site. I use it on my sites too, but I don't have it configured to do that to links because it would piss more members off than it would generate income. Unfortunately, I don't think the site owners even visit this site to read messages. Maybe the admins can clue them in on the irritating redirect. :favorites68:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's Viglink, which is what the owners of JeepKJ.com uses to monitize links on the site. I use it on my sites too, but I don't have it configured to do that to links because it would piss more members off than it would generate income. Unfortunately, I don't think the site owners even visit this site to read messages. Maybe the admins can clue them in on the irritating redirect. :favorites68:

I know. It never used to be configured to run that way. Pretty annoying.

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
I don't need a lift to swap out my stock steel wheels for the cragars, right? I'd like to just get them now with my current tires and upgrade everything else later.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worst thing you'll have to mold the inner fender liner, I.e. Pound the pinch weld
No big deal- nobody can really tell you yes or no because KJs are different when it comes to having sagged suspension so all I could really say is throw them on and be ready to mold the fender if need be
Hell, I'd go ahead and get all of that over with now so you don't need to do it later, it's not a hard job at all if you can swing a hammer somewhat straight

NoVA_KJ

Reaction score
Ok, I'm about to pull the trigger on these. Any suggestions for the hub covers? The Cragar ones aren't my cup of joe. I know there's an article on Lost about converting my stock ones to fit. Anyone have good luck with Gorillas? Also, do I need hub centric rings? The Cragar website says the rims I'm getting (397712) are 3.3" bore which is 83.82mm while the JK is 71.5mm. None of the rings I've found come in 83.82 outer diameter, just a round # 83mm. Thanks!