16 or 17 rims, now that is the question.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBassman

Reaction score
(Aeh)

Hello, I am new to all this stuff. I just got my first Jeep, which is a liberty sport. It was used, 16k miles for 19k. It does not have the fog lights, skid plates or hooks... yet, I will soon take care of that. but my question is, should I just leave the 16 inch rims, or go to 17? My first reaction was to go 17 when I was buying it. but reading some stuff here, I am not sure if I shold change them.

I have a back problem and happen to be a nature photographer. right now I can not carry my cammera backpack becuase it is over the limit that I can carry things. So the jeep will carry it.

So, without a lift kit, what is (if any) bennies to go to 17 inch rims?

I also called the jeep service department, and they had no clue if you can put 17 inch rims on the liberty, until I told them you can buy it that way.

Be kind to this newbe! :-({|=

Brigrat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the size of your rims will not matter one bit when it comes to you camera pack...16 inch wheels give you more tire options at better prices, 15 inch wheels are even better.

bohica-kj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's mine with 17'' rims....

IMG_0002_2.JPG

And here she is with the stock 16''

IMG_0002_3.JPG

Way more tire options with the 16''. Plus, with the stock steel rims....you dont feel so bad if you beat em' up a little off road...