1" Lift Kit For???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im Looking For A 1" Lift Kit Eighter Body Or Spacer. I Have A 2002 That Already Sits 3/4" Higher Than 03-up. Know Of Any?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im Looking For A 1" Lift Kit Eighter Body Or Spacer. I Have A 2002 That Already Sits 3/4" Higher Than 03-up. Know Of Any?
If you do a full coil kit it doesn't matter that your KJ sat 3/4" then newer ones.Full coil kits on a lowered KJ and a prelowered KJ will net the same amount of lift since the springs are the only difference and you'll be replacing them.Now adding a spacer lift will net you more lift then a spacer kit on a lowered KJ.If you want a small lift that gives a great ride and quality parts just get the OME coil lift,depending on if you go with the HD springs or the meduim ones you'll get 3/4"-1.5" more lift then you have right now.

Oh and there is now way to do a body lift on a KJ,it's a uni-body so there is no frame.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rusty's 3/4" front spacer (~$25) and (2) sets of rubber rear upper isolators (~$50 at a dealer).

That netted me about 1.75" in the front and about 1" in the rear. Sits much more level with a slight forward rake. Look in the lift forum and my post will be on the first page.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nNibody is that there is no seperate frame. The Jeep is a 1 piece deal with a front subframe that mounts on the body. Most cars are this way. Lighter and cheaper to make.

Bigger trucks (pickups, older SUV's, etc) had a tub bolted to a true full frame.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
he asked about a 1" lift....how bout 2 or 3 spring isolators above the rear springs, and maybe 3 or 4 locknuts on the front strut/clevis?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
He could do a 3 ring clevis, or a strut plate and one or maybe two rear isolaters, would not do 3 on the rear as KJs already sit nose down and lifting the front an inch or so and the rear 2 inches or so more would look stupid. ...well IMO
bring it down to Toledo on the good side of the Michigan border and we will fix you up!!

Tom

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Duh, good call on the clevis. Didn't even think of that! that'd be perfect for 1".

Is it OK to stack three extra rear isolators? I have two extra (3 total). Didn't know if 3 was pushing it or not.

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i did my lift, i added one isolator to the one original on each side, i personally wouldnt go any more

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if the front subframe holding the engine and front diff/axles where constructed different, you could move the front diff away from the engine and a much greater lift could be had on the Libby's IFS (kinda like lots of the other truck lifts out there toyota ect)... Sadly from the looks of it, its all welded together on the KJ...

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
when i did my lift, i added one isolator to the one original on each side, i personally wouldnt go any more

Like I said, 2 extra here (so 3 on each side). No problems at all. I don't know if I'd go for 3 extra (total of 4).

I think I am happy with the 1.75"/1" that I got. If I want more, I am going to want way more (2.5"+), which isn't in the budget anytime soon. Just got new tires, and if I went bigger, I'd want bigger tires....you know how that snowballs ;)

Members online