06 Liberty w/ some issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LadyLiberty401

Reaction score
I appreciate any feedback. I am posting for the first time, glad to be here. Hopefully some of the issues below will sound familiar and I can start troubleshooting ASAP.

-heat/AC fans only operate at Max level I believe it is 0-4.

-driver side rear door does not open. The window does not work either. This might not even be worth the trouble.....

-front windshield washer fluid does not spray. I can hear mechanism operating, but nothing comes out. The rear works .

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

The heat/AC fan issue is probably just the blower resistor. They do fail and only 4 will work eventually. This at least shows the blower motor is good. The resistor is behind the glovebox. Do a quick search on here and there should be info. Easy fix once you get a replacement.

As for the door, what do you mean by it won't open? It's physically stuck? The latch doesn't work? The lock doesn't unlock?

For the windshield washer you'd have to check the lines and nozzles up front. Sounds like the line is blocked somewhere but could still be the pump even though it makes noise. Maybe pull the line off the front pump on the reservoir and see if it comes out then when activated.

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
This looks like a good video for the blower resistor:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm not sure how you reference a YouTube video in this new site format. Used to be real easy but I don't see the option anymore... Looks like it just recognized the link and did it for me. Scary...

BTW I think the 04 Sebring convertible version is a heavier duty resistor that fits fine in the KJs. That's what I have in my 05. I got a Dorman 973-023 from Amazon.

Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome as well..
Yes indeed use the 2004 Sebring air blower resistor, here is the one I used, good quality.
You must be registered for see images attach

Hmm... the front squirters.. could be plugged/clogged? Sewing needle to gently try to clear or..
To pull the front washer hoses off, it is a matter of lifting the hood, remove windshield wipers, then pulling up on the 4 plastic plastic windshield cowling pins, and disconnect hoses from underneath, and see if it pumps then.
Does the door open if you sit in the back and use the inside door handle to open?

LadyLiberty401

Reaction score
10-4, I'll follow up w/video. I'd like to do this tomorrow but being memorial day weekend, my plans may change. Goodnight and ty for the advice.

Thanks for the RE:

I'll video everything I do and reply soon.