06 Liberty mopar remote start woes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mopar4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting cold in Wisconsin and want to get this fixed.

06 Liberty limited 76,000 miles. Bought it used in 09 and had the dealer install the mopar remote start. Worked fine for a few years, started right up first time every time. Last year it went bad. Both of our fobs would try to start the jeep and it would start, stall, start, stall and never fully run.

Today
Tried the system programming, tach programming and the transponder interface programming. Now her fob starts the jeep and after 3 start and stalls it finally stays running. Using my fob causes the jeep to start and stall the jeep once then it runs for about 45 seconds and shuts off, repeats start stall run. I didn't really leave the jeep running long enough with her fob to see if it shuts off. When doing the programming all honks and lights seemed to follow the instructions. When tach programming I wasn't sure at what rpm to set the tach could that be a problem?

Can the batteries in the remote fobs cause any problems? I did replace the common ignition actuator pin year and a half ago. I verified the hood sensor is working properly, lifted the hood and the remote start wouldn't even engage the starter, just honked a few times.

Help

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RPM should be set to after warm up idle, iirc.

rcjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know the aftermarket ones have a ring from a transponder unit that mounts around the key cylinder to trick the ignition into thinking the key is there. In the directions for those were pretty clear that the ring has to be in a certain place for the auto start to work. Have you tried starting it with the fob with the key in the ignition. Put the key in and leave it in the off position then use the other key fob to try starting it.

Latest posts

Members online