06 CRD?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2005 jeep liberty limited.. loaded every option , even the chrome rims... 22g pkg

Im thinking of getting a 06 crd, only 5 left in USA! loaded cept bun warmers.. but all else it's got!

Would you guys trade for a crd or just keep the 3.7. I have 15k miles on my 05 libby!

Only thing holding up is the dealer only found with tan inside (id love to see pics of the tan leather inside) and dealer might swap out 17's from a limited jeep as I hate the 16" crd rims.. any thoughts? am I nuts?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Wow! All of the Libby diesels that I knew were around here ARE in fact GONE! I can't find them on dealer inventory site. I knew one who had 3, and I can't find either of them in the dealer inventory site.

I was gonna say that 5 left was a bit of an exaggeration... I still believe it is, but wow.

with that said...

I'd say...

keep the 2005.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so the diesel

not so good? there giving me 15 k on my trade.. sticker 30k new... unreal I know..

Or wait for the 4 door unlimited?

grogiefrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With any new vehicle, try to never get rid of it for at least three years due to the hit you'll take. I try and only think about getting rid of a vehicle when it's paid off. That way I have a nice down payment for the next new vehicle.

So, I suggest that you live with your '05 as long as possible. There will be other CRD's in Jeep's future (next is an '07 WK with a 3.0 CRD). We'll probably see the redesigned '08 Liberty with a CRD as well.

libertydude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
crd owners

I think libby's drop like rocks anyway.. it's not an equity question, just a shock to the drop in value.. anyway.... current CRD owners is the crd peppy? turbo? or as equal with the 3.7 on pick up etc. I didn't have a chance to drive one as they are few and far between!

issue is getting a crd now and getting 0%. is an attractive deal!

cowcatcher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: crd owners

libertydude said:
I think libby's drop like rocks anyway.. it's not an equity question, just a shock to the drop in value.. anyway.... current CRD owners is the crd peppy? turbo? or as equal with the 3.7 on pick up etc. I didn't have a chance to drive one as they are few and far between!

I rented an '04 V-6 and drove it over 600 miles across the state and over a mountain pass before I committed on the CRD. The CRD has a lot more pep and outpulls just about anything on the road. I blew past a Xterra coming up the West side of Stevens Pass over the Cascades in August like he was standing still, I was accellerating all the way anytime I wanted to.

I am not a jeep guy. I would never have purchased a gas Liberty. If I could afford to buy a CRD to park in storage in case this one dies I wouldn't hesitate.

shelmet

Reaction score

I rented an '04 V-6 and drove it over 600 miles across the state and over a mountain pass before I committed on the CRD. The CRD has a lot more pep and outpulls just about anything on the road. I blew past a Xterra coming up the West side of Stevens Pass over the Cascades in August like he was standing still, I was accellerating all the way anytime I wanted to.

I got an after market module for my Jeep Crd and it really woke up the motor!! tons more power, a lot more than the 3.7 can deliver for sure!! I think its called the trailjammer. =P~

shelmet

Reaction score

libertydude said:

I agree the crd has a lot more power than the 3.7. I think a lot of it is due to the turbo.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Idk about that, Marlon told us the CRD is slower than the 3.7 0-60(he would know, his family has both).

The crd DOES tow better though... =P~

I dont know why everyones kj isnt keeping its value? My 04 with 23k miles is still worth 17k. That really good to me. \:D/

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
jeepjeepster said:
Idk about that, Marlon told us the CRD is slower than the 3.7 0-60(he would know, his family has both).

The crd DOES tow better though... =P~

I dont know why everyones kj isnt keeping its value? My 04 with 23k miles is still worth 17k. That really good to me. \:D/
Ah Ah, don't forget... I've had both myself!

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have any towing in your future get the CRD. Mine has pulled my 16 ft and my fathers 19 ft jet sleds all of the Pacific Northwest. Also pulled a loaded two horse trailer out of the woods in the snow. Pulled a Chevy duallie pulling a tar roofing trailer up a long, steep hill to the closest gas station last summer. I love this thing. The no load/ full load mileage is great. The price of diesel isn't so great sometimes.