'05 Renegade fixer-upper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and I discovered in the pouring rain (driving to rescue a friend in an '04 Sebring convertible - cut out in the middle of an intersection - turned out to be Camshaft Position Sensor and gooked up throttle body, all caused by a moron that hit her in our parking lot and sheared off the left front fender, outside of the battery, etc) that the cheapo Chinese crap tires that came on my Liberty have got to go. They spun from stop on a wet road - no puddle or little river or anything - with hardly any throttle.

I ordered a set of Yokohama Geolandar A/T-S. I don't trust my family's lives with the crap tires...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took it to the stealer this morning (Monday 7/1) to have the rear lower control arm recall done, a ****** quick learn (just to make double sure) and to have a second key cut & programmed.

The quick learn and key are done, but not the recall. They couldn't get on Chrysler Connect to authorize the recall work all day (he sounded pretty frustrated). Hopefully, tomorrow...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it back from the stealer (Tues 7/2). Didn't realize until I got home that the moron service writer didn't listen to me and they didn't perform a Transmission Quick Learn as I'd asked because I'd replaced the transmission (and told them so). He wrote it up as Recalibrate the Trans Module and it came back as Already has latest software.

Incompetent moron. Just because I'm female doesn't mean I know nothing and I'm speaking just to hear my own voice.

At least they performed the rear lower control arm recall and cut/programmed my second key, right? :mad3:

My new Geolandar H/T-S set came in today. Now to get them mounted/balanced so I can go get a lifetime alignment set up at Firestone...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tires....hope to get 'em mounted tomorrow.

You must be registered for see images attach

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And....they're installed!

I love them so far. Hardly noticeable hum with the radio off (I mean I had to listen for it on the highway), much better feel and handling.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tires look good. Always also liked the Rene rims.

Dave

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the front brakes on my Liberty...

Passenger side

Driver's side

Old crap

Did that after we replaced the AC compressor, evacuated, pulled a deep vacuum, charged...all the good stuff on the bf's cousin's '06 Liberty.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in just close family, we have my '05, his brother's 03, cousin's '06 and another cousin's daughter's '02. That's a lot of Libbys...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Failed inspection this morning because the rear brakes were too rusty. I was afraid of that, but it was too brutal to do them last week in my backyard (no garage). Today was slightly less hot and less humid, with a bit of a breeze, so I did it after work.

Same as the fronts; Power Stop Evolution ceramic pads, Bendix rotors.

Out with the old...

In with the new…

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a set of Mopar skids from MoD today…have to clean 'em up, paint 'em and throw 'em under the Renegade ;)

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a set of rock rails - cheap!

Guy was going to modify his Grand Cherokee to put them on but changed his mind. Now I don't have to remove, sand, prime and paint mine!

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took the old tires over for the BIL yesterday, then picked up the kid from camp (got to play a little in camp on the dirt roads and off road). Got 18.1 mixed, with a couple trips to/from work (2 mi. Each way) mixed in.

Today, took the kid up to Harrisburg to her mom's for the week. Got 21.2 for the trip.

Whenever it decides to stop raining/misting, I need to go out and start spraying the rock rail bolts with PB so they easily come loose for the swap. While I'm under there, I need to find and clean up the threads for the Mopar skids (still need to go get the bolts).

Then there's cleaning up the skids, priming and painting them.

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cleaned the windshield and the marks from the bug eggs yesterday, then changed the front diff oil.

Got this in yesterday and did a quickie test on the Astro (Jeep's at the back of the yard :lol: )

With a real antenna, it'll be perfect. All I had for the quickie test was a magnetic mount. We had taken the big antenna off the RV so we could put the tarp on it for storage, so that was out.

I like that it's convertible, coming with the mobile mount (12v adapter with antenna adapter together, making it even shorter), a regular 6-battery compartment and an 8-battery rechargeable compartment with AC charger. Has a button to switch to NOAA weather, a button to switch between channels 9, 19 and whatever you're on, will monitor 2 channels you set, etc.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice work so far.

Please tell me that you are aware that those are NOT rock rails and are for looks only...

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Out with the old....

And in with the new

Amazing how much better the Jeep looks without the rusty rails.