05 Liberty check engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D-Rod

Reaction score
I hate to bother everyone on here with this but i cant seem to find the information i need. I have had my liberty for about 6 months now. The past month or so my check engine light has been on the code reads P0456 and the code P0457 comes and goes i have researched these and found it was most commonly the gas cap but i really dont think its the cap because ever since the code has stayed on i have been getting horrible gas mileage. The code is for a small and large evap leak. I dont want to take it to the dealer because i dont trust anyone around here and also dont want to pay an outrageous bill and still have the problem. THANKS

GSXRGUY

Reaction score
If you climb underneath and look on the driver side frame rail there are two rubber vacum lines that pass by the heat sheild, just as they turn upwards towards the engine. They probably have dry rotted and cracked. I had the same problem, changed out the lines and the problem went away.