'04 needs seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaxom22

Reaction score
Wife and own a 2004 Liberty with really low miles for it's age. Only 60k miles in 10 years. Keep it humming along by doing routine maintiance with oil changes and tune ups. One of the few issues it does have is the drivers seat is busted. So bad wife can't drive it. Some weld or such busted underneath and just recently the back adjuster snapped of. I've read that the lever issue is pretty common for this vehicle.

We honestly admit, because of many personal issues we haven't kept track of some recalls for the 2004 kj's. Would either be covered? If not, what is a good source for replacement seats? I've done some preliminary searching via google. Seen some reasonably replacement seats on JC Whitney's website, but I question the quality. Don't wanna do any mods to get seat to work with electric mount.

Also wondering, would this busted seat cause an issue with the seatbelt/airbag alarm? Even buckled in, both lights stay on and jeep beeps at us for 10 minutes.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If you were closer I'd make ya a deal, have an extra set of seats.
But I'd check salvage yards for a replacement
Yes it could be causing the "ding " you hear for a while, could be wires cut or something . I assume only the base would need to be changed or maybe just the back of the seat depending on where the break is

Jaxom22

Reaction score
Ugh! Just moved to St. Louis back in July. Originally from Chicago 'burbs. Don't really know anyone around here or where the better bone yards are. Think I read somewhere, that Cherokee seats will bolt right into liberty with no mods. Is this true?

Gunpowder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom,

My 2002 Jeep is in the shop with the seat tor apart (Divers side rail frame busted). Do you know what years match from 2002 on?

Jay,

How did you come out on your seat issue?