04-05 KJ rear Control Arms Recall Coming...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just got my first recall for the rear lower control arms today. It's states the issue on 04-05 KJs and displays my vin number as being one of the KJs with the faulty arms. However, I have a 06 model that was built in April of that same year. Has anyone else received a recall noticed for a KJ not built between 04-05?

There was a second recall extending the first one that was for 04-05 MY to include 06-07 MY.

Dave

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not that I have heard of
They didn't deny me
of course I did mine in my own garage :happy175:
No tech or dealership needed :shrug::party52:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
They did me, but then I knew someone on the inside so may have helped
They just needed my VIN number so they could show where they went
and also wanted some old ones in return, ( which I have plenty of those as well)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok idiotic question. Would they just give me the parts? I can do it myself ( and prefer they not touch my ride)
They must have your old ones,so unless your very good buddies with someone at the dealer don't count on it.All recalled parts must be accounted for 90 days after being replaced,means they must be stored at the dealership for 3 months before they can be junked.

richar43

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had mine replaced last friday, and had no issues with the arms being replaced, however I think they may have not set the rear springs correctly, because I think they need to be more centered on the rear upper spring isolator, someone correct me if I am wrong.

Latest posts

Members online