03 Serpentie Belt?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to put a belt on my sisters 03 KJ that just hit 75k since shes didn't know it needs to be done... I wanted to get her a quaility Gates Micro V AT belt, but on Rockauto it shows two different sizes for her 03..

One is:
GATES Part # K060874 Micro-V AT Premium OE V-Ribbed Belt; K06 13/16" x 87 7/8" W/87 1/4" Belt Outside Circumference
And the second is:
GATES Part # K060863 Micro-V AT Premium OE V-Ribbed Belt; K06 13/16" x 86 7/8" W/86 3/8" Belt Outside Circumference

Both say they fit an 02-03 Liberty, but one is an inch longer and has a different circumference??
Or should I just get the Dayco belt (don't know the quaility different between Dayco or Gates)
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That's different why one inch longer? Air or HD cooling?
Try measuring current belt, just a thought...
What's the length of Dayco?
As long as Belt is a quality EPDM you are good to go.
Anytime you are replacing belt I would consider the whole tensioner assembly as well.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=960348

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's different why one inch longer? Air or HD cooling?
Try measuring current belt, just a thought...
What's the length of Dayco?
As long as Belt is a quality EPDM you are good to go.
Anytime you are replacing belt I would consider the whole tensioner assembly as well.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=960348

The Dayco is:
DAYCO Part # 5060875 Serpentine Belt; Exceeds OE Specifications Effective Length 87.60 / Top Width .82 / No of Ribs 6 / Thickness 0.169 Multiple Accessory, w/A.C.
And I don't have it in my possesion and if I asked her to measure it she wouldn't know how haha
But I did think about getting a tensioner (just did my belt and tensioner assembly 3-4 months ago and only had one Gates belt to choose from for my 06) But her tensioner looks a lot nicer and doesn't squeak like mine did, so I was thinking it may have been replaced before, so shes going to keep it for now)

Edit:
Also got the option for a Goodyear Gatorback which is also longer:
GOODYEAR Part # 4060875 Poly-V; 6 Ribs / Effective Length 87.5" / Outside Length 88.25" Accessory Drive

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heart gatorbacks. The only belt I will buy from now on.

I actually skipped right over the Goodyear at first, then clicked on it and saw it was actually a Gatorback, and have heard great things about them.
Going to order the Gatorback, its cheaper then the Dayco and the Gates!

V-man

Reaction score
You need a 6PK1930.

One of the idler pulleys must be removed to fit this belt. The longer belt is causes slip and noise, and Chrysler superseeded to a shorter belt. For the best awnser is to call your agents, and speak to the parts dealer, and he wil also be able to assist with the new belt diagram, but dont buy the belt from them, because its not a gatorback. Go with gatorback.

As far as i know, the 2.5 diesel, 2.8 diesel, 2.4 petrol and 3.7 petrol all uses the same belt, but they all run a different route.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skip any dayco or gaterback belts,they just do not last and make noise,from proffesional experiance on dayco belts and personal experiance on gaterbacks.The gaterback belt I had did not last 10,000 miles before it was cracking.Sadly at the shop I work for they have a contract with dayco so we use there belts,but at least twice a week we are always replacing a crappy dayco belt that we just installed for a EPDM Gates belt,which we have never had a issue with and is well worth the extra cost.

Only get EPDM belts sold either by Gates or the OEM MOPAR serp belts.The quality is 1000% better then dayco or the gaterbacks.Oh and the gaterbacks are called goodyear but goodyear sold the belt line to china a few years ago.

Latest posts

Members online