03 issue with a couple things

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

southernmudgal

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with a leak on antifreeze and couldn't find the leak at all.
Also my windshield wipers aren't working along with my speedometer, which in turn doesn't let my doors automatically lock or mileage go up. Any input? Suggestions ?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has had an issue with a leak on antifreeze and couldn't find the leak at all.
Also my windshield wipers aren't working along with my speedometer, which in turn doesn't let my doors automatically lock or mileage go up. Any input? Suggestions ?

Coolant, check drivers side upper area on the radiator then if OK then water pump weep hole
speedometer is more than likely wiring near rear diff
LOTs of posts on repairs of all
search is your friend, well plus us but usually a quick search brings answers faster

southernmudgal

Reaction score
Pressure test had low pressure but cannot find a leak, so I will search for electrical issue on search.
I'm going to remove the fan shroud and put it on ramps to look underneath at the radiator and hoses etc.

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score

OK windshield wipers not working first check fuse #22 (10 A) on the internal fuse panel (Junction Block).
There is also a "Circuit Breaker Number 3" on the rear of this Junction Block.

Then there are two relays in the relay/fuse box under the hood Power Distribution Center (PDC). These are the Wiper On/Off Relay and the Wiper High/Low Relay...these locations are on the plastic lid for the PDC...try swap these relays over with identical one nearby.

The front wiper motor also should have a constant ground on its Black Wire....splice in another ground to this wire.

Does rear wiper work OK?
Do both front and rear washer spray work OK?

If the above is OK it could be the Multifunction switch which does give problems....there are two types available depending on if you have front fog lights or not.

Speedometer and Odometer not working is either the sensor on top of the rear differential or very often the connector plug on the sensor fails or the wiring near to the sensor frays to ground nearby....check the cabling there or replace the sensor. If you have a CEL set by this problem...it only goes out after you have fixed the problem and done a few drive cycles.

Doors not automatically lock? Do you mean that they manually lock OK, lock OK with the lock switch on the door panel, lock OK using the ignition key on driver's door lock and lock OK with the remote Fob or do you expect them to lock once you start moving? :icon_question: