02-04 brush guard on an 06?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
hey everyone. does anyone know if a Manik brush guard made for an 02 style liberty will fit on an 06 liberty? there's a brand new one on craigslist for $100 locally so I'd buy it even if it looks a bit off...

Last edited:

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got an 02-04 style on my 06. Took a tiny bit of cutting but nothing major.
If you have foglights they may be blocked pretty bad..
Also the reason i got mine $90 on craigslist with a set of the steel tail light covers not brand new, but still looked great!
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

dieselliberty06

Reaction score
okay, i have the same silver sport liberty. that pic helps a lot, that's exactly how it would look on mine. I don't have fog lights anyway. I want the one's on the guard like you have. thanks!

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay, i have the same silver sport liberty. that pic helps a lot, that's exactly how it would look on mine. I don't have fog lights anyway. I want the one's on the guard like you have. thanks!

No problem, just make sure it has all the mounting hardware and for clarification mine is also a manik, so it should be identical.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If i recall correctly all you had to do was cut out those u-shaped notches in the bumper where the tow hooks would go correct??

jgliberty06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, I am actually looking to purchase the 02-04 brush guard since it has better coverage and overall looks better. Yours looks awesome.

Do you happen to remember the amount of cutting involved/where and tools for the job? just want to prepare before making the order.

I have an 06 CRD with the same front bumper as yours.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't those things cause more damage to your vehicle if you hit something with it? I've never ran one, but I was thinking I read somewhere that in the event of hitting something and you have a brush guard it usually creates serious damage to the vehicle that wouldn't exist without it.

Last edited:

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem is that it mounts where the tow hooks mount. That is NOT a strong mounting point, meaning in the event of a front end collision it will bend that part of the unibody, and bend the bull bar INTO the body of the car, busting it up.

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Won't those things cause more damage to your vehicle if you hit something with it? I've never ran one, but I was thinking I read somewhere that in the event of hitting something and you have a brush guard it usually creates serious damage to the vehicle that wouldn't exist without it.

Actually not, Ford of Australia did a video demonstration about ten years ago showing that a brush guard, and even a simple nudge bar are very effective in minimizing front end damage. They showed a standard International Ranger hitting a 90kg Kangaroo Dummy which blatantly smashed the front end to hell. Then showed another Ranger hitting the same type dummy with a brush guard on it, front end was smashed up but nowhere near as serious without the guard on the front. Properly mounted they'll take quite the impact and cushion the blow to the vehicle, will there be damage? Yes but not as severe depending on the type in which you go with.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on the brush guard, 99% of them are of such thin metal that they are like a beer can, almost crush them with your hands. Seen plenty with low speed hits bent back into grills/ hoods etc that only caused more damage

Birdman330

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I put the ''disclaimer'' in my last sentence. Though I had thought about running a brush guard, but they don't really make one for the 05-07.

eaglejeeper

Reaction score
Brush Guard 05 Black Renegade

Am a longtime Jeeper, almost 40 years, getting a 2005 Liberty
Renegade. Want a grille guard. Looking at the Aries 1047 as
will fit 05-07. Question, mine has the bumper mounted stock
fog lights and the guard mounting will conflict with the factory
mounting of the fogs. Has anyone done this before with the
fog lights....is there enough wiring to move the lites onto the
grille guard holes from the stock bumper locations?

Latest posts

Members online