Resisitor Block- Fan Speed 1-2 Gone!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I started Jeep and suddenly realized hey.. how come it's so quiet in here? :icon_lol:
It was on 1 when I started it, but now only have 3-4 (Hi) working.
As if I have not had to buy enough parts in the last 10 days, here we go again..
I guess I will now search out the Sebring Resistor block part number and see if it is a direct fit.
Here is a good How To video I found showing replacement steps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeVJP9hy5fA
Has everyone bought the Mopar one or gone after market?
Have not had a chance yet to price them.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I did not know the Sebing resistor changes the speeds. Is it still quiet on 1?
Got a part # for Sebing?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know the Sebing resistor changes the speeds. Is it still quiet on 1?
Can't say since mine was so worn you could barely feel any air coming out of the vents on 1 or even 2.My fan speed on 1 is now what fan speed 3 was with the worn OE resistor.Fan speed 4 will blow dry your hair in a few mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I just got a KJ one from autozone. It's been fine for the 2 or more years it's been in there. Paid $28 or something.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
I found a B/W Sebring one this AM in stock believe it or not!!
54989[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

1/4 Inch ratchet, tools make it fairly easy to remove the two screws.
I have to say be careful do not drop the screws both coming out or going back in.
If you got big hands like me, you may want to use electrical tape on R interior side to protect from plastic cuts.
I know that many of you have had problems getting the red locking connector pulled back, especially when it is cold. A hair drier on will make it easier to pull it back.
As seen it the video in post 1 a 90 degree pick will make it easy.
Even though I had a pick and was able to release the clip, I pushed it back in, and then found out that you can slide back the resistor block without worrying about the clip.
Once it was out, you can then use a screwdriver to push the clip back and remove the connector!
54991[/ATTACH]"]

Kinda nice in January to now have fan/heat restored again in all positions! :gr_grin: :party52:

Attachments

• DJSmxDC.jpg
    DJSmxDC.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 0
  • ngZjSii.jpg
    ngZjSii.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Ya That's for sure !! 4 Hi is like a wind tunnel now! :icon_lol:

It ***** ....When It doesn't blow !!! :happy175:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mine crapped out when the KJ was 10 years old just before winter so I replaced it with an OEM one. It only worked on "4". That was a couple of months ago and I forget how much it was.

Dave

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
The day before on the cold mountain highway run, it had been set at position 2 for 8 hours+ traveling, and worked fine.
Most of it's 12 year life it was used on 1 or 2, never really needed it on high, as the Jeep blower is pretty strong, and don't like the noise!
IDK I hear many loose everything, except HI position 4.
My Jeep must have liked me, cause it left position 3 & 4 available...ha ha :icon_lol:
"]
[/URL]
Even here where our prices are ridiculous, I manged to wiggle down the price from $50 to store cost at $35 plus tax for the Sebring/Borg Warner.
(I told him I could get one cheaper at Napa) & I deserve a break as an account holder, cause I just spent $500+ here last week!!
In other words, you made lots of profit from me..."Now cut me some slack Jack" !:gr_grin: :party52:

Edit & oh..Since this independent parts store looses tons of business to Napa & he started stumbling when I even mentioned the word.......
54998[/ATTACH]"]

I'm going to wear the cap Napa gave me next time I go back in there, and point to the hat & say "Don't make me call them"..ha ha..:happy175:

Attachments

• KB3aylK.jpg
    KB3aylK.jpg
    449.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 2001-2004 mopar Sebring resister from ebay for $24 shipped. Been meaning to do that for awhile now just to have a spare.

5174124AA

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine blew probably 2 years ago so I grabbed a cheapo one at the local part store as I get a good deal there. If I decide to keep my KJ I might upgrade to a Sebring one as it appears to be more powerful.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.