Frame sliders 05 renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanting to find some sliders and it looks like the only options are jba and rro for the Liberty. Anyone have experience with these? I like the super sliders because the outer bar could be used as a step up. I’ve heard a lot of fit issues/shotty welding from rro so that’s holding me back. The jba one doesn’t have the step but would it be a better product on installing and overall use?

Any other recommendations I’m missing? Rock lizard would have been the best, but Martin is done making parts.
Thanks

Mk

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Knock off RRO right out of the gate, very weak and will bend pretty easily
AllJs have good ones for sure , ran theirs until I went with the RLs that Troy sold me
Little different style but the JBA ones are good as well

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wanting to find some sliders and it looks like the only options are jba and rro for the Liberty. Anyone have experience with these? I like the super sliders because the outer bar could be used as a step up. I’ve heard a lot of fit issues/shotty welding from rro so that’s holding me back. The jba one doesn’t have the step but would it be a better product on installing and overall use?

Any other recommendations I’m missing? Rock lizard would have been the best, but Marvin is done making parts.
Thanks

Mk

Who's Marvin ??
Never heard of anyone named Marvin making any rock rails

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy that owned rock lizard-fabrication it was supposed to be Martin, my phone auto corrected to Marvin for some reason. Didn’t catch that

Mk

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I’ll check the all j products, I didn’t see those.
Thank you!
So it’s a good idea to stay away from rro, thanks for letting me know. I heard enough bad things about them to be hesitant to buy theirs.

Mk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ok I’ll check the all j products, I didn’t see those.
Thank you!
So it’s a good idea to stay away from rro, thanks for letting me know. I heard enough bad things about them to be hesitant to buy theirs.

Mk

With the Boulderbars you can get tubing added to them to look like the Super Skink sliders. The side bar does come in handy as a step. I don't actually know how much extra protection it adds, it's the only spot I've ever hit on mine so I don't know if without it there wouldn't have been any contact or the main tubing would've taken the hit or what. I do think the side rails add protection if you slide into a rock from the side, whereas the normal Boulderbars might not.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the Boulderbars you can get tubing added to them to look like the Super Skink sliders. The side bar does come in handy as a step. I don't actually know how much extra protection it adds, it's the only spot I've ever hit on mine so I don't know if without it there wouldn't have been any contact or the main tubing would've taken the hit or what. I do think the side rails add protection if you slide into a rock from the side, whereas the normal Boulderbars might not.

Thanks I sent them an email about that.
So if I understand the directions correctly these bars bolt onto the pinch weld as well as the frame, is that correct?

Mk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry...I meant you can get tubing added to them if you find a local place or something. Who knows, maybe they can help you out though.

Yeah, they will bolt to the pinch weld and the frame rail.

mk_v

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry...I meant you can get tubing added to them if you find a local place or something. Who knows, maybe they can help you out though.

Yeah, they will bolt to the pinch weld and the frame rail.

No worries doesn’t hurt to ask, thank you for the input though.

Do you take your sliders off to repaint them every so often? If so, with the screws being self tapping, have you had any issues with the bolts damaging the threads when bolting the slider back on the pinch weld or frame?

Mk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I used to have to take them off every spring to repaint and derust them when I used normal spray paint. Then I used Herculiner 2 years ago and that's held up AWESOME, only have to touch up off road abrasions. They look new still, even the braces that are right behind the front wheels and get basically sandblasted. They'd be rusty after a month in the winter before. Use whatever primer you like ( I think I used Rustoelum rusty metal) then brush the bed liner on. One thing I did is put a strip of soft waterproof foam between the pinchweld and the rail, wasn't sure how abrasive the bed liner would be. Or just don't bedline that face.

As for the hardware, never had any issues with the self tapping ones. For the pinchweld ones, I'm not sure how many per side the boulder bars use, RL uses 7 or 8 and as long as you get like 5 in you're fine. I wasn't able to get one hole on each side lined up. Use zinc stuff. It'll rust after a winter but it doesn't hurt anything. I replaced it once and decided it's not worth it. Stainless is tempting but it's brittle and will break instead of bend.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
They will fit. I’m guessing the website description might have been written before 07s were around LOL

dchadjohnson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah probably so. i sent them an e-mail just to be sure. they seem to be cheaper than RRO anyway, although that extra tube would be nice for a step for my kids